Chapter 9: A Marvellous Medicine

---

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in the me who believes in you!"

-Kamina Maneuvers, (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

---

<(Atem POV)>

As we both stepped into Hammer Bay, the capital of New Genosha, the beautiful, and sprawling city came into our view. A growing piece of heaven that has been widely benefitting from the economic developments caused by me, my company, and the metahumans under my command as well as the huge technological leaps taken under some of my more prominent and intelligent employees.

"So you finally shifted Aocalypse's flying pyramid in here, huh? It was about time since it was gathering dust on Mars anyway. But why the hell did you keep it in the middle of the city? It seems a little out of theme compared to the rest of the city." Ororo said as she looked with awe at the huge newly upgraded pyramid spaceship in the middle of the city filled with greenery and giant buildings.

"It may be a little out of place here, but it's still one of the most unique structures in the city. Plus it has a lot of strategic value behind its unique placement, the prime of it being its powerful capability to fuel an energy barrier that can surround and protect the entire city in times of danger. Also, it's quite a good escape ship in case of an enemy attack that's more... dangerous than we can handle, even though I'll make sure that it never comes to that." I answered with some amount of pride lacing my voice as we both stared at the massive pyramid.

"Quite innovative. I guess your battle with Apocalypse did bring some good to the world even though it almost destroyed Egypt with all the earthquakes produced during the battle." Ororo gave me a teasing smile.

"Well, you can't blame me. Apocalypse didn't exactly listen to reason. Plus even though it wasn't really my fault I still reimbursed all property damages caused by my battle by paying 300 million dollars back to the country and its citizens that were affected. So my conscience is as clear as water in that case." I shrugged.

After we were done feeling nostalgic while looking at the pyramid, we flew to the second tallest regular building in the city, which was the same height as the Burj Khalifa and was the new headquarters for the League, my own secret organization on the level of Shield or Hydra or the Ten Rings, only with the aim of being more Global, more connected and more secretive than the others, although, on hindsight, I should have purchased a more subtle building for that because this one was definitely going to attract attention.

The tallest building in the city on the other hand was called the Holy Spire. It was not only the tallest building in the country but the entire world at a height of about 1000 meters or 3280 feet. It was the administrative office for the entire country and the reason for it being taller than the League headquarters was to show that the power of the council was higher than anyone else in the nation even though it was democratic.

Genosha was mostly a democratic country. There were two councils termed the High Table and the Secondary Table. The Secondary table was composed of members who were elected by the people to represent their rights while the High Table was mostly the people who I knew were responsible enough to run a country without getting corrupted and turned into selfish greedy bastards or worse self-justifying do-gooders.

However, one thing was common in both government bodies, members could only apply to their positions as long as they were accepted by me, their patron god thus making me the de-facto most powerful and influential person in the country without even doing anything. Also, the fact that I could take full political power into my own hands during times of war and national emergencies also helped my case.