Chapter 26: A New Leaf

---

"People tell us who they are...but we ignore them because we want them to be who we want them to be."

- Don Draper, (Mad Men)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Shit, there are just too many of these bastards here. We have been here on this mission for the past four months and yet we still haven't made a single breakthrough in our objectives. It's like these... 'wolf people' just do not have an end." Logan, aka, Wolverine said with clenched teeth as he channeled his rage and piled through a dozen 'Lupines' or the so-called 'wolf people' at once, killing them all.

"I think the fancy term used to describe them in modern media is werewolves even though they have been historically called lupines by the locals. But yes, you are right. It seems that this Romulus guy who supposedly commands these forces has been trying his best to delay us from getting close to his hideout. Every time, we find his newest hideout and reach there after cleaning up the small personal army he uses to protect it, we never find him. I wonder why?" Hank McCoy, aka, the Beast crushed the head of a lupine nearest to him and asked with a frown as he looked at his friend and colleague in frustration.

"Yeah, but we can just solve this dilemma by gutting as many of these wolf-men as we can, can't we? That is always a valid option. That is what I have been doing on my own even before you two came as backup." Laura Kinney, aka, Talon helpfully exclaimed as she snorted and ripped two lupines close to her to shreds using her claws.

"Just a thought here but maybe, we should have listened to that Remus woman when she told us to sneak in while she was trying to divert her brother's attention. Instead of doubting her intentions and insisting on killing every single being, you came across today, you could have chosen to take up stealth. Plus, I thought that you would be quite accepting of her advice since you were really receptive to her advances as well. The heavy rizz you were laying on top of her even made me wonder if Laura would have gotten a new stepmother so soon after meeting her father, by the way, no offense to you or your mother Laura." Beast expressed while crushing a lupine's head with just his fingers.

"None taken. Also, I quite liked the woman named Remus. She seemed cool." Laura gave her own seal of approval as well as she looked at her 'father' with a suggestive look.

"If you both think that I am going to fall for the first woman I meet with similar powers and abilities as me, then you have another thing coming bub." Wolverine snorted as he pierced his claws into the skull of the last standing lupine, killing him and then began to clean his blood-stained claws with a small cloth hidden in his uniform.

These lupines they were killing like lambs weren't humans at all contrary to what a person first seeing them would think. At first, the group had thought that they too were metahumans or maybe some sort of experimentally created mutates who were under the control of Romulus and had tried to keep them alive but that had resulted pretty badly after they quickly found out that they were nothing but cannibalistic wild monsters with an extremely low IQ bred artificially by Romulus in his laboratory as his personal 'no questions asked' army.

Infact, some of the lupines that the Beast left alive before had tried to attack and destroy an entire nearby village of innocent people which they would have succeeded in, had Romulus' sister Remus not interfered and informed them of it. It was after this event that they vowed to kill every single Lupine they came across in their battle against the evil metahuman, Romulus who according to Remus' intel was planning to use specially designed viruses to mutate and turn every human being on earth into wolfish beasts like the Lupines.

*Beep Beep* The wristwatch on Beast's hand suddenly beeped with a strange sound resulting in his expression directly going from one filled with sarcasm and humor to extreme seriousness.