Chapter 14: A Billionaire's Epiphany

---

"Manipulating the pieces according to your strategy... That is what defines a King"

- Minerva Orland, (Fairy Tail)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

'I can't believe that I am even thinking of doing this. He literally screwed me with that contract, didn't he?' Tony Stark, the ultimate genius, sighed silently in his heart as he held a test tube in one hand and glanced over the text on his phone that Atem had sent him from his private number on his other hand.

"Don't worry Mr. Stark, we will take care of everything. You just have to read exactly what's written on the cards." The balding man beside Tony said with a good-natured smile after noticing his downcast expression.

"Yeah thanks, Bill." Tony nodded seriously.

"It's Phil, Phil Coulson." The polite agent tried to correct him, a smile still present on his face.

"Tony, what are you doing? The press is waiting for you. They are growing all restless from waiting for you for so long." Pepper hurriedly came in and informed Tony.

"Yeah, yeah, I am coming... I am really starting to hate my life." Tony muttered as he went towards the stage to deliver what would be one of the most iconic and famous lines in the entire MCU.

***

"Why are you so excited about watching the news today? I mean, who the hell watches the news while eating popcorn?" Vanessa Carlysle, aka, Copycat asked while trying to steal some of Atem's popcorn from the large popcorn bucket on his lap.

"You wouldn't be asking me that if you knew just how important this little news clip was for the entire world. Even more so with what he would be endorsing today. The free press he would be giving us with this stunt of his would be a game-changer for the metahumans in the country. One could even say that he is going to be restrengthening the whole Metahuman Rights Movement all on his own with this." Atem said while tossing a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"Huh? Really? Now, I am extremely curious about what he is going to say." Vanessa focused her attention back on the TV screen in front of her with a quizzical expression on her face.

The entire press release went ahead a lot like it did in the movies. At first, Tony vehemently denied any possibility of the Iron Man armor technology being connected to him or his company and then had a sudden moment of clarity after which he did a 360-degree turn and declared himself as the one and only Iron Man with his iconic line.

But this time it wasn't the end of the broadcast. He still wasn't done with giving the news reporters enough stuff to fill the front page with. In fact, he had just begun.

"But me being Ironman is not the only thing I want to declare today. A few days ago when I declared that Stark Industries would be leaving the defense industry, a lot of you were skeptical about the future of the company. That's why I am glad today to introduce all of you to our newest venture, one born from the partnership between Stark Industries and Meta Enterprises... Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you MX001... uh also known as the Metamax V1, the miracle medicine for metahumans.

The very first medicine that can cure ANY physical 'deformity' that might have resulted from your mutations, the first and ONLY medicine in the market right now that can help metahumans adjust to their powers and gain voluntary control over even their involuntary abilities. So, no more getting random power outbursts, no more being hurt by your own powers. The Metamax V1 will make sure that your own gift will never be a blockade to you living your life to your full capability." Tony showed off the test tube in his hand with absolute confidence, posing in front of the cameras like a charismatic billionaire with a world-changing product in his hand.