Surprises and Security

Finley stretched her legs out as her plane landed back in the UK. The past two weeks had been long. She'd flew straight back to the states and began packing, having to blindly pick house back in England for herself to move into and arrange for all her belongings to be sent overseas. Between that, saying goodbye to her friends and colleagues, and all the other complicated bullshit, as she'd taken to calling it, had been exhausting.

She turned off Do Not Disturb off of her phone and smiled as her phone flooded with texts from new friends and old friends. And one very special friend in particular.

Leah: Have you landed? I checked flight tracker you should have landed. Are you alive, please?

Finley let out a laugh and grabbed her backpack from the overhead before pressing the phone button next to Leah's contact. Her and Leah had spoken every day whilst she was sorting stuff out, the blonde being sure to Facetime her whenever she could, the pair sending constant updates of each others day.

"Hello?" Leah's voice rang through Finley's headphones.

"Why do you always answer the phone like I'm not saved in your contacts?"

"What do you mean?"

"You always say Hello like my name didn't come up in big letters on your phone!" Finley spoke with a laugh as she departed her plane and began the journey through security, grateful for the small line due to the early time in the morning.

"What...no. Okay listen, you've not seen me in two weeks and you want to judge how I answer the phone? Shut up and hurry up, I'm waiting at arrivals." Leah said with a laugh.

Finley frowned. "Eh? You're here? But why?"

Finley could practically hear Leah roll her eyes through the phone. "You think I was letting you get a taxi at this time of day? Have you left all your charm in the states, Finners?"

"No, no! I was just surprised! But like, a nice surprise. Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll be like 10 minutes, is that okay?"

"Yeah, no worries. See you in a bit."

"In a bit. Bye, bye, bye bye bye." Finley said quickly so she could be the last one to say bye. Smiling at the stone faced elderly woman behind the barrier at passport control currently holding her hand out. "My girl." Finley said with a laugh. "She came to pick me up." SHe added, nothing coming from the woman in front of her. "Even though I didn't ask her to, isn't that mad?"

"What are you in the country for?" The woman asked.

Finley paused, her smile dropping slightly. "Uhm...living?"

"Do you have a fixed address?"

"Yeah! Well I have an address, I haven't actually been there yet,but yeah I have one." Finley rushed out, the questions starting to confuse her. "Sorry, I'm a British Citizen...is there something-"

"Miss? Can you come with me, please?" She heard a voice from behind her speak as a hand reached out and touched her shoulder.

Finley frowned in confusion. "I mean, I can, doesn't mean I will."

The bald man in front of her clenched his jaw. "Miss, will you come with me please?"

"Since you asked nicely." Finley mumbled as she followed the security guards lead, following him to an empty room.

"You have someone here for you?" He spoke up, cockney accent broad.

"...yeah?" Finley shook her head in confusion. "Okay, I'm confused. I've got all the forms filled in, I'm a British citizen, I have a British passport, what's the issue?"

The man through a sarcastic smile her way. "Just routine checks, love. What's the details of who's here for you?"

"Uhm, Leah Williamson. About yay high." Finley paused and held her hand up to the bridge of her nose.

"Right. Stay here." He said as he walked out the room, leaving Finley in there alone.

"Not like I'm going anywhere in a hurry." Finley grumbled as she sat on the table in the middle of the room.

---------------------------------------------------///--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cairo had taken to leaning back on the table with her legs dangling of the edge as minutes started to feel like hours.

"I would not be cut out for prison." She groaned to herself as she finished counting the tiles on the ceiling for the third time.

Ears perking up as she started to hear muffled voices outside the door, eventually beginning to make out one of the voices in particular.

"She's just in here, yeah?" She was faintly able to make out.

Finley watched as the door handle twisted in what felt like slow motion, rolling her eyes when she seen the door handle twist the wrong way before going the correct rotation. She watched as the door opened a crack, the familiar face of a blonde peaking through before opening the door fully, a big grin covering her face.

"Honestly. Who gets detained by security at their home country airport!" Leah burst out in laughing, bending over at the waist as Finley pouted.

"Honestly, it's not even funny." Finley complained.

"You were literally trying to come home, and they looked at you and went, nah! What the fuck." Leah said between laughs.

Finley stared at her, biting the inside of her cheek to stop her grinning, because honestly, who does this happen to. "Laugh it up chuckles."

"I cannot wait to tell the girls about this."

"Oh no, please don-"

"Well, tell them more about it, I already put in the group chat you'd been detained." Leah continued.

"Leah!"

Leah burst out in laughter again causing Finley to let out a loud groan.

"Has doing time changed you?" Leah asked as she walked towards Finley with her arms out in front of her, laughing more when Finley just opened her arms and allowed Leah to walk between her legs. Finley immediately wrapping her arms around Leah's waist and burying her head into her neck, taking a deep breath and allowing herself to get lost in the beautiful scent that is Leah Williamson. "Come on jailbird, lets get you home."

Leah pulled back after giving Finley one last squeeze and kissing her forehead before holding her hand out and smiling with Finley clasped their hands tightly with no hesitation.

The two walked hand in hand through the airport, Finley trying her best not to smile, and Leah cackling away.

"Literally. Who does that happen to? And now, we're going to a house you've never been in, but that you're going to live in. Honestly, Fin, what the fuck?"

Tell me why i've started writing an Alessia Russo book. Honestly, tell me why. On the plus side, check out You made me ink.

bonus points if you guess the movie the title is from