Homecomings and feelings

Finley huffed as she pressed the buzzer on Leah's apartment block door once again.

"Come onnnn!" She groaned, sending apologetic looks to the ground floor flats that were peaking through their blinds. 

The pair had agreed once Finley gets back to London she'll come and spend the night at Leah's, the two being very typical lesbians and feeling very clingy. So as instructed she made the drive to St Albans and had been stood outside the apartment block door for the past 10 minutes. She had tried ringing the blonde but the line just rang out, her texts going unanswered. 

"If this girl is ghosting me after all of this." She mumbled to herself before buzzing on a few random numbers, hoping one would answer. 

"Hello?" She eventually heard the voice of a young lad through the intercom.

"Uhh, yeah, I've got the food you ordered." Finley spoke with confidence.

"Food? Nah mate, I didn't under any food." 

"Uhh... you sure? It's this address and it's paid for? You sure you didn't order it?"

The voice paused for a few moments. "Oh yeah. Sorry, forgot. Come up."

Finley smirked. Nobody can resist free food. She picked up her backpack and pulled it onto her shoulder before grabbing the door handle and making her way to the lift and pressing Leah's floor.

After the short ride, she got to Leah's door, she could see the shadow of lights inside so she knew Leah was in. She banged on the door and stood there waiting, frowning when there was no response after a minute or so. 

She reached her hand up and banged again, leaning her head closer to the door to listen for any sign of movement. 

"Leah!" She raised her voice and banged once again. 

Finely took a step back for a minute. The blonde girl could literally be just ignoring her and have changed her mind, but something in Finley's mind was telling her this wasn't the case, especially since the two had been texting not even a few hours ago. 

Pulling out her phone, she clicked on Beth's contact and allowed it to ring before it was picked up.

"Finners! What is upppp my friend?" Beth shouted down the phone.

"Hey, do you know where Leah's spare key is?"

"Spare key? Why?"

"Why are you so nosey?" Cairo responded.

"Why am I such a good friend that I'm the one you reach out to? Besties." 

Finley laughed a little. "Yeah, yeah. Chat shit. Leah told me to meet her at hers, but I'm here and not getting any response."

"Tried calling her?"

"No, Beth, I haven't. I thought this would be way cooler. Of course I have!" 

"Alright, alright. See the door frame? Reach up and towards the top right there's a key."

Finley followed Beth's instructions, thankful for being tall otherwise she would have been fucked. "Got it."

"Great. It's not that one." Beth spoke as she let out a laugh.

"Beth!"

"Relax, I'm getting there. See the end of the hallway there's that picture in the black frame? Take it off, there's a lockbox behind it. That key will get you in, Leah's is the key with the-"

"Arsenal Badge, yeah i got it." Finley said as she reached out and grabbed the key out the lockbox, making sure to secure it again and put the key back on the doorframe. "Cheers mate. I'll bell you later."