61. ᴄʟᴏꜱᴜʀᴇ (18+)

<<<Content Warning>>>

i'm sure that by this point i don't have to clarify what that means :D
(but i will and by that i mean spiceee)

but before we begin, i need a quick vote from you guys: Which of these tropes do we want to see most in future fics??? 

1) enemies with benefits

2) arranged marriage

3) friends to lovers to fighting on opposite sides of the war

(yes i know that last one was weirdly specific but gimme your answers anyway)

One Month Later.

"To Lorenzo and Y/n. May their union carry on our families' legacies for years to come."

Alaric Berkshire raises a glass into the air, prompting the guests to drink in honor of the newly engaged couple. The future Lord and Lady Berkshire, whose wedding ceremony is already being planned by those with more control over their lives than they who live it themselves.

The crowd is made up of a variety of family friends and social acquaintances. Members of Houses Berkshire and Malfoy, as well as the extended family of Blacks, Lestranges, and Averys, just to name a few. They take turns adoring Enzo and myself, for they, unlike the rest of the country, have the luxury of pretending everything is as they once used to be.

Enzo and I stand side by side, our hands locked in an awkward hold. Some cousin of one late ancestor comments on how we look like we were made for each other, which doesn't at all help with the discomfort between us. Enzo and I tried various methods of coping with the engagement, but treating the whole thing as a joke stopped working after witnessing how Mattheo took the news. I'm guessing some reputable Death Eater in my father's circle wrote to him about it, because a dozen gourmet dishes went flying across the Great Hall right after the usual letter deliveries during the feast before the Easter holidays.

As most of the guests here are associated with the Dark Lord's cause in some way or another, it's inevitable that the topic of polite conversation turns to that of the Death Eaters' new movements across Magical Britain. It's all brought up, everything from how lower ranking Death Eaters have been going around tearing up Muggle London just for the fun of it, to the efforts that the Ministry is putting in to stomp down the rebel acts of the Order of the Phoenix.

"Terrible, what happened at Gringotts last month," the head of some pureblood family or another shakes his head grimly. "But I heard the Augurey managed to root out some of the stragglers in time, is that right, Lucius?"

The Augurey. The name that a handpicked portion of the Death Eaters recently came up with for themselves, as a way of legitimizing their heinous acts. As the new Aurors of the Ministry, they've been allowed legal permission to go around killing and torturing whomever they'd like.

"I haven't the faintest, Pollux," my father replies.

"But your family, Lucius," Pollux presses on. "Your family is most favored by the Dark Lord, that's what they all say. In fact, most of us were surprised when you and Alaric announced this engagement of your daughter's, we were so sure that the Dark Lord would want his son to..." He falters off at the look that my father sends him. "Come now, surely someone as important as you must know these things?"

My father gives an arrogant scoff, but deep down, I know he's enjoying the subtle flattery. "The Augurey and the Phoenix rebels engaged in a duel, if you must know," he puffs out his chest. "I wasn't there for it myself, of course. If I had been, the outcome wouldn't have been so disastrous. Potter, his Auror pals, and the rest of them all escaped capture- The Dark Lord's son wasn't at all pleased. Heard he Cruciated the Death Eaters responsible when they came crawling back to him."