Chapter Thirty-Four

Delaney's POV:

To say I was the conversation of interest over breakfast was an understatement. Chase and Ryan both had practically fallen out of the chairs they had been sitting in when they were told about Brantley and I's activities last night. Ryan wanted to tell William immediately, claiming that it was just because he wanted to see the look that Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes had when he found out that his car had been part of something so scandalous.It was no secret that he wasn't a fan of William's and hadn't been for quite some time. So anytime that he got the chance to torture him about something, he jumped all over it. Chase, on the other hand, wanted to wait until the team meeting before the race to tell him, saying that doing so would throw him off his game and give him one less car in the pack to worry about in today's race.

"So you all just want to have fun, torture, and throw him off his game at my expence?" I said. "And here I was thinking you all loved me."

"We do, Del." said Chase. "That's why we have to tell him. Because you know just as well as I do that he will either run to Erin and have to have her calm him down because he's never heard such a thing or he will run straight to Alex and tell him since he will definitely think that his goody-two-shoes image could possibly be tarnished because of yall."

"Ugh, I don't even want to think about him running to Erin and looking for comfort because he's shell shocked." moaned Ryan, his mouth full of bacon.

"Do I even get a say in this?" I asked, looking at Brantley, silently begging him to put his foot down.

But whatever I hoped to accomplish with that look was less than effective since Brnatley just looked at me with a smug smirk on his face and carelessly shrugged his shoulders. Leave it to the man I love to want to rub it in the face of my ex that I was onto bigger and better things since the divorce.

"Ugh, y'all make me sick." I said, standing from the bench seat of the booth and taking my plate to the sink.

"You love us and you know it." said Layla.

"Only thing that would be better that telling that jackass about how Brantley can work you over like no one else would be that fu-fool seeing it for himself." said Amanda, catching her almost slip of the word fuck –a word that we all tried to keep from saying when the kids were around.

"Over my damn damn body." said Brantley, his words coming out in a growl. He stood from his chair then and wrapped his arms around me from behind, settled into the counter, and held me to him. "Him knowing what we did is more than enough. I won't lie though, it does give me a sense of male pride to know that he is going to lose his mind when he finds out."

"You're just as bad as they are." I whispered, looking at him over my shoulder.

His arms just tightened around me and he lowered his lips to my ear. "But you love that about me.

"You two are so dang adorable." said Layla, before I could respond to Brnatley. "Makes me happy to know that you are finally happy, Del. Lord knows, you deserve it."

Before the guys and the girls could dive back into me and Brantley's love life, Gannon and Maisie chimed in, wanting to know if it was time to head to the garage. It was evident that they both had the love for all things racing just as much as their father since anytime they were at the track, they both wanted to be where the cars were. Chase liked to think that Gannon would follow in his footsteps and become a driver like him, but just like Bill had done with him, he agreed that he wouldn't force the sport on him, that he would let Gannon decide if racing was what he wanted to do.

As for Maisie, Chase was adamant that he didn't want his daughter in the sport because it was too dangerous. That had led to a huge argument between him and Amanda, one that ended with Amanda getting the Louis Vuitton purse she had been eyeing as an apology and now that I think about it, a positive pregnancy test as well.