Chapter Thirteen

Brantley's POV:

The steamy kiss that Delaney and I shared earlier today was still the main topic in my mind, even as I tried –and failed– to think of anything else. Starving puppies, rabid fans, having every single gun I owned be destroyed in a fire... nothing worked to stop me from thinking about the sounds Delaney'd made as I'd deepened the kiss, the way her body had felt pressed against mine, the way her nipples digging into my chest as she tried to get closer. And each time I thought of all those things, my brain followed up, forcing me to think about the pull that I felt towards her and the way she let me take the lead ,letting me set the pace of how things went between us. All of it spoke to the dominant side of me, the side that wanted to go full-on caveman and ravage every inch of her body; An urge that I had to fight harder than I have anything in a very long time.

That feeling –to ravage a woman, to have her screaming my name as she came apart, to have her begging for me to give her more– was almost unknown to me since it had been so long since I'd even thought about getting someone naked; The last person obviously being Amber since she was my wife and loved to get dirty between the sheets just as much as I did.

If you had asked me a week ago if I thought I would have resorted to stroking my throbbing cock to the images that my mind created beneath the spray of the shower, I would have told you that you were full of shit, that you had been smoking that good shit because there was no way that I was ready to have those thoughts about anyone, much less someone that I didn't really know. But dammit, that was exactly what I'd done as soon as I'd gotten home. Thank God, the kids were still with Mama or else they would have questioned why daddy was in the shower and why he was making the sounds he was making; sounds that had been guttural, needy, and animalistic as I'd stood beneath the spray of the shower before the water even warmed up, stroking my cock. My hand had pumped up and down my length as I gripped the appendage tight, my mind telling me that Delaney's pussy would undoubtably squeeze my cock like a fucking vice. And fuckkk had it felt amazing.

The problem with stoking myself to completion as I thought about Delaney though was that no matter how powerful the orgasm had been, no matter that it had left me breathless, the need to ravage Delaney was still there. Hell, it was almost as if the need to have her had gotten stronger than it had been before I'd even touched myself. There was only so much that a man's hand could do, only so much satisfaction that it could bring. And nothing short of giving into what my body craved was going to satisfy the needs building to insane highs with each passing moment.

But I promised to take things slow. And taking things slow meant that any thoughts I had of driving over to her parents, backing her against the nearest hard surface, and having my way with her, wasn't anywhere near taking things slow. Hell, it's as far on the other end of the spectrum as you could get. It screamed 'jump-right-in-and-to-hell-with-the-consequences'. However, going slow didn't mean that she and I couldn't spend time together –even if we did use the buffer of having the kids around to force ourselves to behave.

The ringing of my phone pulled me from my thoughts of Delaney. Lifting the device, I smiled when I saw that it was my Mama.

"Hey," I said, hoping that the graveliness that I heard in my voice was just because I had not uttered a word since I'd let Delaney's name spill from my lips as I pumped my seed down the drain of my shower and not because I was still horney as a fucking teenager. Mama would pick up on the tone of my voice instantly. God knows she has done just that more times than not over the years.

"Hey, I'm pulling up to the house." she said. Her words made me aware of how lost in thoughts of Delaney I'd been that I hadn't even noticed that a notification had come though telling me the gate had been opened. For someone who values his privacy and the security that my home gave my children from the outside world, my mind sure as shit wasn't making either of them a priority since it was consumed with thoughts of getting my dick wet.