Chapter Twenty-Five

Brantley's POV:

"Time for you to keep your promise to have me screaming your name."

I don't know if Delaney was trying to make me lose the little bit of restraint that I had over my body by uttering those words or not, but damn if she didn't almost succeed. Every inch of me –especially every inch of my hard-as-fuck cock– wanted me to skip the dinner I had planned, find the nearest dark place away from people, and make her wish that she has never pressed my buttons. The only thing that was keeping me from doing that though was the fact that I wanted to do this right. We both knew what happened last time we got carried away and i didnt want to feel the way I felt that night every again; unless your counting how fuckin' turned on I was and how much I had wanted her.

So instead of giving into my body's demands, I placed my hand over hers resting on my thigh and growled lowly, locking eyes with her. My tongue darted out over my lips, wetting them as I gripped her fingers. "You're playing with fire, Laney."

"Just trying to make you experience a little bit of how you make me feel."

"Believe me, I feel everything."

To emphasize my point, I brazenly moved her hand up to my cock, making her hand cup my throbbing hard-on. Only, I didn't anticipate the little minx to begin massaging me. Helpless to the fellign of her hand on my cock, my head fell back onto the neck rest of the truck's seat and my hips thrusted upwards, begging for so much more. "Fuck darlin'..." I hissed when the tips of her fingers danced over the tip of my cock, her fingers sliding directly over the slit in the tip. I could feel the pressure of my release already building, knew that it wouldnt take long for me to shoot my feed down my fucking pants leg if she kept doing what she as doing. But fuck, I didnt have the willpower to stop her. I

Just when I had succumbed to the fact that I was going to go off like a roman candle in my pants, Delany slowed her motions, easing the pressure she was applying to my cock. And then, just as fast as things had started, they stopped and she was back on the passenger seat, looking at me as if nothing had just happened.

"Baby..." I said, trying to reign in my racing heart, "how the hell can you tell me you're not the assertive type and yet this is twice that you have palmed my cock and made me feel so good that my eyes went crossed?"

"You bring out that side of me, B." She said, shrugging her shoulders, her eyes never leaving mine. "Before you, I really wasn't that type of girl."

"In that case," I said, leaning over until my lips hovered over hers. I let my eyes trail from her green orbs down to her lips, and into the v-neck of her dress. With each inch that my eyes traveled, I saw her pulse rate increase and her chest rise and fall as dragged air into her lungs. I lifted a hand and cupped her cheeks, loving the fact that she leaned into my touch. "I can't wait to see what else I'm able to inspire in you because something tells me that there is a lioness deep down inside of you. And baby, I plan on unleashing her right after dinner." I pulled back then, never even bringing my lips down over hers, and settled back into the driver's seat. Needing to feel her warm skin beneath mine, I laced my fingers with hers on top of the console, started my truck, and pointed in the direction of Athens.

"Where are we headed?" asked Delaney, a few moments after passing though Jefferson's city limits.

"Athens." I replied. "There's a new Italian restaurant that I have been wanting to try for a few months now. But since it's one of those 'no kids allowed' type of places, I haven't been yet."

"I didn't realize those restaurants had made it to Georgia."

"As far as I know, this is the first one." I said, looking over at her as she sat in the passenger seat. The moonlight danced over her skin, giving her an almost earthy glow. "But according to Luke and Caroline, I can understand why they don't allow kids."