I get a visit from Madame Web (Sort of, but close enough)

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit, fanbase series. Percy Jackson and the Olympians; Heroes of Olympus; Trials of Apollo; Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard are owned by Rick Riordan. Spiderman or any concept of him are owned by Marvel Comics and Sony Entertainment. Please support the official releases.

"I see this Spark in you, it's amazing. Whatever you choose to do with it, you'll be great..." - Officer Jefferson Davis to his son. Miles Morales - Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

A day has passed since that conversation. And still, I feel terrible. These last couple of days, I thought that being a demigod would mean going on adventures and saving the day. I know that death was a risk, but I didn't think it'd be a near certainty for them. And from what Leo told me, children of the Big Three have an even worse survival rate. The fact that Percy is alive now is a miracle.

Jason was the Son of Jupiter and he died saving his friends, the same went for his sister, Thalia Grace; though she was one of the lucky ones and was given a second chance at life thanks to Percy and his friends. Even my other cousin, Nico Di Angelo the Son of Hades, lost his sister in this life too. It seems like no matter how strong you are, dangers will always lurk in the shadows. Demigods will have to look at their shoulders for their entire lives.

And here I am.

Trying to be a part of that because I just wanted to be like my brother.

Anyways, Sam woke up and was recovering quickly. However, she won't be able to use her arm for a while.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Ah, it's fine. We were in a tight situation; if I didn't act, who knows what would've happened. Besides, thanks to you, I was able to figure out how Typhon was able to beat Poseidon."

That's right, we now know how he did it. He used those magical bracers that shined whenever he activated its abilities which weakened those with godly blood. He must have used them when he attacked Poseidon in his domain and took his Trident. How he has them is still a mystery. Maybe those "Cult of the Cosmos" may have something to do with it? Well, that's an issue for a later date.

"That's right, and now that he has everything he needs to break through the barrier, there's nothing that can stop him."

"Sure there is: You," Sam replied. "You're not a demigod, and therefore, you have the upperhand. Plus, with your new powers, you'll definitely stand a chance.

I scoffed, "Hate to break it to you Sammy, but I screwed up big time. If I didn't plan for us to sneak out, Percy wouldn't have left camp to find us. He would've never been ambushed by Vulture and her gang."

And you want to know the crazy part? He and Annabeth would've most likely kicked their butts easily. But because Percy was worried for me, his main focus was my safety.

"Because of me... Percy was taken. And now Olympus is in danger, along with my brother."

I sigh in frustration.

"All I wanted was to be like Percy and Annabeth, Sam. I want to go have adventures and fight monsters. But instead, I screwed up everything and now the world is in danger because of it!"

Sam looks at me as I explain the situation we're at right now.

"It's my fault you're even hurt! I promised your dad I'd protect you and I already failed him too!"

Next thing I knew, my eyes were starting to get teary and felt the urge to just cry. I felt like I was disappointing everyone no matter how hard I tried to make it right.