Its All in the Cards

The digidestined were now outside of Myotismon's castle, now heavily guarded with Devidramon as they gathered around the transmission of Gennai. "Myotismon has shut the gate. You can't follow him now." said Gennai.

"Listen pops, you've gotta help us get through that gate else that 9th kid is doomed." said Matt with T.K. on his back.

"And that's not all, if that rotten creep goes on a rampage in the real world, lots of innocent people will get hurt." said Sora.

"He could even hurt our families, looking for the 9th child." said Keiko.

"I don't want that to happen." said Renamon.

"There just has to be some way we can open the gate up again." said Tai, with Keiko's back towards him.

"Well, of course there is." said Gennai.

"There is?" asked Izzy, a confused look on his face.

"No kidding?" asked Tai.

"How then?" asked Sora.

"Any door can be opened with the right keys." said Gennai.

"There he goes, being all cryptic again." said Izzy, causing T.K. and Keiko to giggle.

"Izzy's right, Gennai. Stop being so mysterious!" yelled Tai.

"Follow me to my house and I will explain everything there. I also have something to discuss with Keiko." said Gennai.

"Where's that?" asked Koromon.

"Yeah. Where?" asked Renamon.

"Am I in trouble?" asked Keiko.

"You're not in trouble and look above you..." said Gennai, his transmission garbled a bit.

"What kind of directions are those?" asked Mimi after they lost Gennai.

"Very good ones if you would just listen." said Gennai, reappearing again as the eight of them looked up at the sky. "Keep looking and you shall see it."

They then see a search light above the tree line around them. "There, a search light." said Matt, spotting it.

"Sorry, I ran out of maps. Follow the lights and you can't miss it." instructed Gennai.

"Excellent." said Tai.

"Snack time for me." said Gennai as he disappears.

"Let's jet." said Tai as they followed the search light through the forest to Gennai's home. Soon enough, the light had brought them to a huge lake outside of the forest.

"I don't get it." said Keiko, sitting on Renamon's shoulders.

"What's there to get?" asked Sora.

"Looks like we're going to be doing a little swimming." said Joe.

"My hat! My beautiful hat!" Mimi cried in shock.

"Either we got those directions really wrong or Gennai's house is in the middle of the lake." said Matt.

"So that's why I couldn't find it." muttered Izzy.

"Must be really tough to get pizza delivered." said Joe.

"Huh?" said the others, staring at him when Gomamon pops out of the water.

"Hey, come on in, the water's fine." said Gomamon when suddenly the water lights up underneath him as he looks down. "Oh no."

"Uh...." said the digidestined as they stared at the lake opens up to reveal a staircase going down.

"Steps?" questioned Tai. "Alright gang, we're in business."