The Gateway to Home

As it turns out, Myotismon wasn't really after them, but just trying to scare them. Now the sky was clear again with a few clouds in the sky as a few of the digidestined were gathering water from the river.

Mimi and Palmon were at the shore line as Tai and Joe were in the river, gathering up water in clear plastic bags while Gomamon was swimming behind them. "Hey, Mimi check it out." said Joe, holding up a plastic bag with clear water in it. "How about this for an instant bath? I'm glad I took these bags from the restaurant." Gomamon starts swimming over to them.

"Gee, now you'll be able to go soak your head the next time you have an allergy attack." joked Gomamon.

"Right. That was so funny I forgot to laugh." said Joe, sarcastically.

"Now that Myotismon is chasing us, we're gonna have to keep running like a bunch of crazed shoppers at the mall." said Mimi.

"I have to agree with you on that." said Joe.

"Yeah, he's small potatoes for us." said Tai.

"My wish is to never see him again. Period." said Palmon.

"Mine too." Mimi said in agreement. Just then, Izzy came running over to them with Tentomon not far behind him.

"Gather around, you guys." Izzy said to them.

"I hope lunch is ready because I'm starving." said Tai.

"Gennai's back. And he wants to speak to us." said Izzy.

"Is this a scheduled visit?" asked Mimi.

"Hope he found a way to get us out of here." said Joe.

"What is it this time?" asked Tai as they all got up and out of the river. Once they had reached the others there was the transparent hologram of Gennai, waiting for them.

"Don't keep us in suspense. What's this all about?" Tai asked as he stood between Sora and Izzy with Keiko in front of him.

"Well, I've brought you some good news and some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?" asked Gennai.

"Save the good news for last. I hate being depressed." said Joe, standing between T.K. and Mimi.

"He's a basket case anyway. Let's start with the good news." said Matt, standing on the other side of T.K.

"Actually, you all look like you need some cheering up. I've been told that another child will be joining your group." said Gennai, shocking everyone.

"Another child? Who tells you these things anyway?" asked Sora.

"Well, this child you shall want as your friend. Someone who is a digidestined." explained Gennai, causing everyone to start asking about the 9th child.

"What?" asked Matt.

"Really?" asked Mimi.

"Another one?" asked Joe.

"Oh, I hope the new one will a digimon that will be able help us." said Yokomon who was behind Sora.

"You and me both." said Sora, hearing her digimon's question.

"The important thing to remember is that all nine of you must be together. As long as you are separated, the worlds will not be in harmony each other." said Gennai. "Everything will go wacko, so we must find that other child as soon as possible."

"How do we do that?" asked Tai.

"I hope they're our size." T.K. said to Keiko, who nodded and smiled.