Chapter 20

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride," Cap tells her.

"I got a ride," Widow says, discarding the energy rifle. She walks back from the man, calling over her shoulder, "I could use a lift though." She turns around, watching Cap step back and hold his shield at the ready.

"You sure about this?" Cap asks, a bit nervous.

"Yeah," Widow nods, looking up at the chariots. "It's gonna be fun." Black Widow runs towards Cap, stepping onto the car hood as she jumps up on Cap's shields. He pushes his shield up, propelling her high into the air. She catches onto the chariot, and flies off.

Captain America watches her fly off, but he ducks behind his shield when energy blasts go off near. Looking down the street, chitauri soldiers land on abandoned cars, slowly making their way to him.

Widow climbs up onto the chariots, the fast wind whipping against her face. She cuts away a chain, knocking off one of the soldiers. Pulling out another small dagger, Widow jumps onto the back of the second soldier, plunging the daggers into his back. She's able to turn it, using all her strength. "Turn! Turn!" The only struggle she has is knocking into a building but is successful in redirecting the chariot.

Iron Man flies by, firing shots at the soldiers. He lands behind Cap, blasting away two soldiers as Cap thwacks one away. Turning to each other, Iron Man fires at the shield as Cap moves it to refract the beam energy. The beam burns brightly as it kills any soldiers in its path. Iron Man kills the power, flying away and up the building side, knocking down the chitauri that climb up the sides.

Iron Man flies past Hawkeye, the man standing on the building's roof. The archer ducks an energy blast, glancing around the sky, he stands. Firing an arrow, Hawkeye shoots down a chitauri that follows the billionaire hero.

Ravena flies beside the leviathan, using her wing to cut a long wound along its side. Soaring upwards, she lands on the leviathan's back assisting Thor and Hulk. The three fight off chitauri soldiers, Ravena dodging a rifle as she allows her wings to embed themselves into the leviathan's back.

Thor swings his hammer, knocking back soldiers who come at him. Hulk tears them apart, taking a piece of the leviathan and roughly embedding it into the creature's back. Hammering away one more soldier, Thor raises his hammer and summons lighting. Striking the piece of metal with the charged hammer, the leviathan convulses before losing power. It crashes through a museum, the people inside running to get clear.

The three heroes climb down from the dead leviathan, each of the breathing heavily. Hulk stands in the middle, Thor to the left and Ravena on the beast's right. They stand for a moment, admiring their team work. Until suddenly, Hulk punches Thor away, the god flying into a wall. Ravena sighs at the green beast as he smirks.

"Was that necessary?" she asks the Hulk.

"He hurt me!" Hulk yells deeply, pointing a large hand to the god.

"Then use your anger better," Ravena says. "Let it out at Loki and find him,"

STARK TOWER ROOF

Selvig groans, waking up from the mind control. He looks around the roof, confused as to where he is. He gazes around the sky as chitauri chariots fly past him, amazement in his eyes.

ON THE BRIDGE

Several army humvees drive out into the open, the men aiming their .50 cal guns into the sky. Firing and hitting the chariots, they continue moving down the street.

Captain America fights off a soldier that has him pinned. Punching the alien, Cap swings the shield, knocking him back. The American breaks the alien's leg, punching him one final time.