Chapter 10

Rose walks into the holding area, Loki's back facing her. He paces silently, as Rose walks over to a chair. Loki freezes, turning to look at Rose, "hello again, Miss Ice Raven."

"I still have that offer for you," Rose says, skipping the pleasantries. "You tell me what I would like to know and you remain unharmed. If you don't take it, then I make no promises of going easy on you when you escape."

"And how are you so sure I'll escape?" Loki asks.

"Because no one would surrender as easily as you did in Stuttgart," Rose sits down on the chair, crossing her legs. "You need something aboard this ship or there is something else you have planned. What other powers do I have?"

"You're so eager to know," Loki states, walking closer to the glass that separates them, "so desperate for answers. But the thing I'm asking for you to give is still unknown to you. Therefore I won't help you." Rose glares at the man, unknowingly making the glass cell shake. One of her eyes changes color, a similar gold to Druig's taking form. Rose rises from the chair, stepping closer to the glass. Loki glances around, nervous at what she's doing, 'this is bad. She's more of a danger to this plan.'

'I'm well aware I'm a new danger,' Rose thinks.

'Rosalie, calm yourself,' Druig's voice rings through her head, 'I feel your anger all the way out here.' Rose breathes out a deep breath, beginning to calm down.

"Rosalie, stop!" Nat shouts, walking over to the woman. Rose snaps her attention to the red head.

"What?" Rose asks.

"You're making the cell shake," Nat states, "and your eye. It's gold." Stepping away from the cell, Rose quickly walks away and makes her way back to the lab. Nat watches her leave for a moment, before turning back to Loki, "what did you do?"

"There's not many who can sneak up on me," Loki states, "but I did nothing."

"I don't believe you," Nat replies, "but you figured I'd come."

"After. After whatever torture Fury can concoct, you appear as a friend, as a balm," Loki comments, "and I would cooperate."

"I wanna know what you've done to Agent Barton."

"I'd say I've expanded his mind," Loki informs.

"And once you've won. Once you're king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?"

"Is this love, Agent Romanoff?"

"Love is for children. I owe him a debt."

Loki sits down on the bench parallel to Nat, "tell me," Nat sits in the chair as well.

"Before I worked for SHIELD, I uh...well I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skill set. I didn't care who I used it for, or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me, but he made a different call."

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?" Loki asks.

"Not let you out," Nat replies, "maybe keep you safe from Ice Raven's anger."

Loki laughs, "ah no. but I like this. Your world is in the balance, and you bargain for one man?"

"Regimes fall every day," Nat informs, "I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian...or was."

"And what are you now?"

Nat stands up, folding her arms over her chest, "it's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can you? Can you wipe out that much red?" Loki asks, "Drakov's daughter? Salo Paulo? The hospital fire? Barton told me everything." Nat's eyes flash with betrayal, as Loki continues, "your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything?" Loki stands from the bench, angry. "This is the basest of sentimentality. This is a child at prayer...PATHETIC!"

Tony and Banner sit in the lab, continuously working at their monitors. On Tony's monitor a pop up of phase two appears.

"You lie and kill," Loki's voice is heard by no one, "in the service of liars and killers." on the bridge, Agent Hill checks every viewscreen, finding a red pop up about a virus detected. Fury walks past her, sighing when he realizes who it is.

"You pretend to be separate," Rose stands in front of her mirror, observing her gold eye. She watches the mirror shake when she focuses hard enough. "To have your  own code, something to make up for the horrors."

Steve opens a crate, angrily staring at the weapons. Glancing around, he refocuses on the items in the crate, an array of HYDRA weapons. "But they are a part of you, and they will never go away."

Back in the interrogation cell, Loki slams his fist against the glass making Nat flinch. "I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly. Intimately. In every way he knows you fear! And when he wakes just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams I'll split his skull!" Nat turns around, softly crying in distraught, "this is my bargain you mewling quim!"

"You're a monster," Nat quietly says in distraught.

"Oh no," Loki laughs, "you brought the monster. And someone beyond your control."

Turning around, Nat is poised with her cheeks free of tears, "so Banner... that's your play."

Loki steps away, staggered, "what?"

Nat walks away, pressing the comlink in her ear, "Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my. Send Thor and Rosalie as well." Just before she makes it to the doorway, Nat turns to Loki, "thank you for your cooperation." Nat quickly leaves the room, leaving Loki stunned and frozen.

" Nat quickly leaves the room, leaving Loki stunned and frozen

Rose paces in her room, biting her nails in worry. She freezes when Steve walks in, holding a HYDRA weapon. "What the hell is that doing here?"

"It's part of SHIELD's phase 2 program," Steve tells her. Setting it down on the bed, Steve glances over to the mirror seeing it cracked. "What happened to the mirror?"

"Umm, I did," Rose sheepishly tells him. "I went and talked with Loki, and I apparently got so angry that I was making the cell shake as well as having a gold eye. And then Natasha came in, stopping me. I came back here, and focused hard enough. Then the mirror shattered."

"And what would you say this power is?" Steve asks, walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her from behind.

Rose leans back into his chest, gripping his arm over her chest, "I don't know, telekinesis?"

"You think Druig would know?" Rose nods softly, staring at the wall ahead. "And you have no way of getting in contact with him, unless you travel or astral project yourself."

"Which I don't know how to do."

"After this is done with, I'll help you in any way I can," Steve says, turning Rose around to face him. Cupping her cheek, he presses a soft kiss to her lips. Drawing away, Steve leans down, connecting their foreheads, "I promise."

"Thank you Steve," Rose mumbles, pecking his lips.

"C'mon, we have to talk with Fury and the others," Steve says, grabbing Rose's hand and the assault rifle.