Chapter 22

Loki and Ravena walk onto the roof, the females nodding to each other. "Jarvis, connect to the Helicarrier and inform Fury of the evidence."

"Right away, ma'am," Jarvis confirms. "Shall I request for a chopper to be sent for you?"

"Please do," Ravena nods. "Widow?"

"Here's the Tesseract and Scepter," Widow passes the now locked briefcase to her, and the long scepter case to Loki. "Meet you back whenever you're done."

"Of course," Ravena nods. She and Loki walk back down to the penthouse, awaiting their transport.

TIME SKIP TO HELICARRIER - FEW WEEKS LATER

Rose stands before the screens, each world security council member looking down at her

Rose stands before the screens, each world security council member looking down at her. "So you wish to have us pardon the war criminal Loki? And to allow the Tesseract to be taken away?"

"He is not a war criminal, councilman Malick," Rose shakes her head. "He was a victim of someone's game, someone even more dangerous than the chitauri. If you are so concerned about the safety of everyone, why order a strike against the population of Manhattan, New York?" The council members go silent, each bowing their heads. "Beside that point," Rose begins saying, "he won't be let off so easily. He's aware of the consequences he'll face back on Asgard. And the Tesseract is not ours to keep."

"Then whose is it?" The councilwoman asks.

"Well, Director Fury and I have decided not to argue with the god who wishes for it to be kept safe," Rose informs. "It was never meant for mortal eyes or hands, there is enough evidence of that with recent events and events during WW2."

"But we need the sustainable energy," the second councilman states.

"No, you need a nuclear deterrent," Rose states, cutting the man off. "Using the Tesseract for clean energy was never your intention, everyone present and not knows that. If it was your plan, you would have consulted Tony Stark in the energy business." Rose glances between each council member, "your nuclear deterrent plan? It's what led us to these events. It's clear that you now have a new defense against otherworldly threats."

"And you want us to trust the fate of the earth, everytime, to you and your group of freaks?" Malick asks.

"This group of freaks, Councilman Malick, have saved this world from being overtaken by aliens," Rose argues. "Let's make it clear, you don't control me or my team. You and I work together until something happens to someone. Now good day, council members."

Rose briskly walks out of the room, making her way to the bridge. Fury walks over, grinning at the woman's furious state.

"So I take it, it went well?" Fury asks, curious to know the type of mood the council will be in.

"Define the word 'well'," Rose snaps. Fury holds his hands up, looking wide eyed at the woman. She sighs, "sorry, sorry. They were defensive over the choices made. But they're settled for now."