Chapter 19

Iron Man swerves around a building, coming face to face with leviathan chitauri. From his forearm, mini rocket flares fire at the large creature. A roar of annoyance is heard from the leviathan, as he turns and follows Iron Man.

"We got his attention," Tony tells Jarvis, discarding the empty cartridges from the flares. "What the hell is step two!?" Iron Man flies away, the leviathan chitauri following suit and crashing through some more buildings. The debris and boulders fall to the streets, crushing cars and a hotdog cart.

ON THE BRIDGE

Hawkeye trips a soldier, pulling an arrow and twirling it carefully and stabbing the soldier in the head. Widow fights off one of them, climbing onto its shoulder and electrocuting it with her wrist gauntlets. The soldier throws her off, Widow rolling to the ground and grabbing one of the energy rifles. Crouching on her knees, she fires at the soldiers, stabbing one of them with it.

Using the arrow in hand, Hawkeye stabs the soldier above him and fires an arrow at another oncoming soldier. More chitauri soldiers land a few feet away, beginning to advance on the agents. But Ravena swings down through the sky, dropping Cap between the two agents. Soaring high, she loops around and lands between another group of soldiers. Huddling in on herself, Ravena cries out and releases shards of icicles at the surrounding chitauri soldiers.

Cap knocks down soldiers, keeping an eye on the two agents' backs. The trio become surrounded though, and just as Ravena is about to run over to them, lightning strikes down onto each chitauri. Each soldier hit, convulses before they fall to the ground as Thor lands in front of the group.

Captain America walks over to the blonde god, adjusting his shield. "What's the story upstairs?"

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor informs the group of heroes.

"Thor's right," Iron Man confirms over the coms, "we gotta deal with these guys."

"How do we do this?" Black Widow asks, turning to Ravena.

"As a team," the woman tells her.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor states, drawing Hawkeye's attention.

"Yeah? Well get in line," the archer replies, saving as many arrows as he can from the now dead chitauri soldiers that are near the group.

"Both you get in line," Ravena snaps at the men. "As of right now, he's still mind controlled. And whether you like it or not, I'm helping him. Now, in his state, Loki's gonna keep the fight focused on us."

"Without him these things could run wild," Cap agrees. Pointing up to the sky, as he walks backwards, "we've got Stark up top. He's gonna need us to..."

The sound of a motorbike coming closer draws everyone's attention. Bruce rides it, coming to a stop as everyone watches him. "So... this all seems horrible." He gestures to the debris and flames all around.

"I've seen worse," Widow comments.

"Sorry," Bruce regretfully says, nodding to the woman.

"No," Widow cuts him off. "We could use a little worse." Bruce nods in understanding, knowing what he has to do.

"Tony?" Ravena calls out over the coms.

"Yes Ice Queen?" Tony calls back.

"We got him," Cap nods to his girlfriend, the two smiling at each other.

"Banner?" Iron Man asks.

"Yep, just like you said," Ravena tells her nephew.

Tony flies between the buildings, leading the leviathan towards the group of heroes. "Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Iron Man swoops around a corner, the leviathan following impatiently.