Chapter 2

Coulson and his men all grunt when the ground shakes, everyone watching in shock and worry as the base falls deeper into the ground. Driving further away, Coulson watches in shock as the satellites and the buildings fall into the ever growing crater.

In New York, wisps of blue energy envelop Rose's hands. The ceiling opening up to a beautiful sight of the stars. Steve watches the stars disappear, as the wisps disappear. Sitting up suddenly, Steve takes Rose's hand once more as she looks around with worry. "It's awakened."

"What's awake?" Steve asks her softly.

"The damn tesseract," Rose breathes out.

Back in New Mexico, Barton, Selvig, and Loki drive out of the tunnel the helicopter flying through the air. Barton turns onto the dirt road, the helicopter turning around to follow. Loki stands on the back, holding onto the roof watching the helicopter. Fury slides the door open, firing at the men who attempt to escape. Loki points his scepter, the blast of blue white energy soars through the air, hitting the tail of the chopper.

Barton turns back onto the main road, driving away successfully. The chopper spins out of control, heading to the ground. Once close enough, Fury jumps from the helicopter, rolling to the ground as he dodges the chopper. Standing up, Fury fires at the retreating truck, but none of the shots make it.

Fury watches the retreating men, as Coulson's voice comes over the radio, "Director? Director Fury, do you copy?"

Fury holds his radio up, responding, "the tesseract is with the hostile force. I have men down. Hill?"

Hill climbs out of her truck, holding onto the frame, as she groans, "a lot of men still under. I don't know how many survivors."

"Sound the general call," Fury orders over the radio, "I want every living soul not working rescue looking for that briefcase.

"Roger that," Hill replies over the radio.

"Coulson, get back to base, this is level seven," Fury order, "as of right now, we are at war."

"What do we do?" Coulson asks.

"Call them in," Fury states, standing there with a sign of hope on his face.

IN NEW YORK

Rose groans, her icy blue eyes returning as she sits up

Rose groans, her icy blue eyes returning as she sits up. Steve sits beside her, taking her hand. "You want me to call SHIELD?"

"No, they'll just stick me somewhere and be of no help," Rose shakes her head, "the tesseract is something they don't fully understand." Rose sighs, rubbing her forehead with her freehand.

"Then who?" Steve asks, Rose looking into Steve's eyes.

"Tony maybe. But Zola said that Schmidt found it, that the tesseract is from Odin himself. A Norse god," Rose informs, "and with the fact that we survived the ice, maybe Norse Gods and Goddess are real."