Chapter 15

Rose sits beside Coulson, the man breathing a bit shallower. "Tell me what gave you the idea to join the army? And the S.S.R?"

"My birth parents might've hurt me, but they always told me to go against the stereotype, even if I knew I'd get hate for it. Joining the army is something I wanted for the longest time as a child," Rose tells the man, a far away look in her eyes. "I never thought it was going to be possible because I'm originally from Australia."

"So how did you get into the states? And what of your original powers?" Coulson asks. Rose hesitates, the agent taking note of it. "No matter what happens to me, I'll keep it a secret."

"This modern day has rubbed off on me so much," Rose shakes her head. "I've never trusted anyone so quickly as I have recently." Rose takes a deep breath, "HYDRA kidnapped me when I was a child of five. When I was 7, they exposed me to a type of alien weapon. I escaped when I was 10, swam across the ocean and I later joined the S.S.R knowing I would one day get to face and stop HYDRA."

"And that gave you, your power of ice and water," Coulson concludes. "What did Loki mean? Severely wounded?"

"I'm in my ice form, my protective shield," Rose says, "Barton stabbed me. With a heated knife. And it's done something to me, prohibiting my healing. In my current state, I'm very slowly healing."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Respecting my wishes. For being with me in my final moments," Coulson says, smiling weakly.

Fury runs into the detention center, finding Coulson still alive with Rose beside him. Fury walks over, taking the weapon away.

"Sorry boss, the god rabbited," Coulson says.

"Just stay awake," Fury orders, gently grabbing Coulson's chin, "eyes on me!"

"No," Coulson weakly says, "I'm clocking out here."

Rose stands up and walks over to the side, watching the moment. "Not an option," Fury tells the agent.

"It's okay, boss. This was never going to work..." Coulson weakly informs, "if they didn't have something to fight for. Check on Rosalie..." Coulson looks over to the woman, sighing his last breath. Fury looks down grimly, standing back and turning to Rose. The medical team arrives, beginning to work on Coulson.

Rose wobbles shakily, holding onto the railing tightly. "Medic, bring Specialist Moore to the medical wing." Rose walks out with a doctor, as Fury presses his earpiece, "Agent Coulson is down. And Specialist Moore is heading to the medical wing."

THE BRIDGE

Hill sits on the stairs as she is treated for the gash on her head. Gently pushing the medic away, she listens closely. An agent is the first to reply, "paramedics are on their way."

ENGINE 3

Steve and Tony look at each other as they listen. "They're here. They called it."

"And what of my Aunt?" Tony asks, breaking the tense silence.

"Come to the medical wing," Fury instructs. The two men walk away quickly, making their way to the medical wing. Tony leaves his suit at the work table, now dressed more casually.

MEDICAL WING

No longer covered in ice, Rose sits on a table, watching the nurses and doctors prepare the tank of water. Wires are attached to her arm and chest, as she wears a sports bra and shorts. The door slams open, making Rose jump in her spot. Steve and Tony walk through the door, Rose exhaling a deep breath. "What happened?" Steve asks, checking her over and freezing when he sees her bandaged stomach.