𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

Night had fallen by the time Mari returned to the Cullen house. She walked the entire way. Not ran as a vampire or a wolf. Walked.

Edward was waiting for her on the back porch when she arrived. He'd asked Alice to tell him when Marian had made a decision to come home so he'd be ready for her.

She stepped up onto the porch, looking slightly up into Edward's eyes. "We need to talk, Ed."

He followed her wordlessly into the house and up the stairs. Mari's nose tipped up a bit when she reached the top of the stairs. She couldn't smell any of the other Cullens. They were all out, who knows where. Good job, Alice. Marian thought, knowing her thoughts are being broadcasted into Edward's mind. Alice must have known what Mari was going to do, thus evacuating the house before Mari came back.

Mari lead him into his bedroom, then the grand bathroom. She had a plan. And she knows she smells heavily of wolves right now. Both work hand in hand. She crossed her arms in front of her, her back still to Edward. He stayed silent as she began to pull Emily's loaned sweater off of her body. Without a bra on, it left her back exposed to the vampire.

"Marian..." Edward's voice filled her ears. Low and sultry. He saw everything racing through her head. He knew what she was attempting.

"Edward." She spun around to him. "This is who I am now. What I am. You need to accept that you leaving was the clause for this. And I need to accept that nothing could have changed that." She stepped closer, taking both of his hands in hers and settling them on her bare waist. "I want you to make me comfortable in this body, Ed. I want the memory of your hands to replace any memory of her hurting me. Please. Please."

He blinked. Once, twice, as if he needed to blink. One of his hands lifted off of her waist and moved up to her cheek. "...If we were alive in my time, I would have courted you. Properly. Taken you on chaperoned walks. Drank tea on the porch. Then, after getting permission from your mother, I would have proposed."

Her hands moved to the hem of his shirt, his hands only moving off of her for a second so she could peel the shirt from his body. They began to pace backwards towards the large shower.

"Your my forever, Marian. I should have never left you. And I never will again."

"Edward–" She began, Edward reaching behind her to open the glass shower door.

"Marry me. Be my wife. Rewrite our past and start to write our future together." The proposal rolled off his tongue as Marian was backed into the farthest wall of the shower. Her eyes glittered up to him.

To hell with Alice's vision. The one she had seen back in Italy. Her visions could change. Edward wouldn't let a possibility keep him from marrying his mate, his love, his Marian.