𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

Something bubbled under Marian's skin. Something subtle, but familiar.

She remembers the rage and the searing heat of her first transformation into a wolf. It was something like that but... not? It was distant, escaping her.

But she definitely noticed it the moment she stepped back into the throne room. "I don't have this mysterious power, Aro. Nor am I still a wolf. Take me home. I'd like to die in Forks, thank you."

Aro narrowed his eyes. "I'm afraid we cannot take the chance, Marian. Why don't we test this, hm? You wolves usually... activate in moments of fear, don't you?" He looked at Demetri. "Have fun."

In an instant, the larger one, Demetri, rushed at her. She was hungry, sure. But she was still a newborn with unmatched strength and a possible wolf lying under her skin.

He attempted to grab at her neck, but her hands caught his wrists first. She twisted them painfully, using her lower height to dip under his arms and out of his way.

Demetri forced his hands out of her grip, but did not relent. He turned towards her, in a second swiping his feet under her legs.

Mari fell back, a grunt leaving her when her back collided with the marble ground. Demetri was on top of her in a second, his hands pressing into her arms to keep her from thrashing. He started to pull them apart, her diamond skin splintering at her shoulders.

"Fucking-Let go of me!" Her voice echoed in the hall.

And to her surprise... he did. His hands let go of her arms, her body fixing itself as her shoulders set back into place.

"Holy shit.." She muttered. It was fucking true. She could command people. "...Stand up." She tested it again. And again, he obeyed.

With his teeth clenched and his eyes angered, he got up off of her, allowing Mari to stand on her own two feet.

A high pitched laugh came from Aro, making Mari's ears sting. "Magnifico!"

Mari glared back at Aro. "I don't speak spanish. And if this is how you treat guests, this place is getting a two star rating."

Demetri was still frozen in place. Marcus, however, came to her side. "Brother, let her stay. Imagine what we could do with someone like her at our side."

Aro's eyes narrowed at his brother once more. "Hm." He hummed. "It would be a waste of talent. Would you be loyal, Marian? You must understand the threat we feel."

Mari glanced at Marcus. He gave her the slightest nod of encouragement before she looked back to Aro. "Get to join a bunch of Vampire royalty. Why not? Not going to attempt to kill me again, are you?"