𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

Just as the first time he saw her, Edward was still completely enamored with her. And now that she was immortal, damned to the same fate as he, he truly could not imagine life without her.

The circumstances were not ideal. There were a lot of questions about what she was that would go unanswered. But he didn't care. She was here. And she could be with him forever.

He'd waited a hundred years for her. And he'd wait a thousand more.

They didn't talk after walking back to the ballroom. Serious talks would be for later. Marian had already internally decided that she would leave with the Cullens after tonight. She just had to convince Aro.

They reentered the ballroom. People parted as Marian and Edward walked, just as they did when she entered with the Kings. This was unsightly to the higher vampires. A girl so high in the ranks with a lowly vegetarian.

"Aro." She began, hand in hand with Edward. It was clear to everyone in the room that her hold on him was not one of affection, but possession.

"Clear the room." Aro insisted immediately. He knew what her next proposition would be. He also knew how headstrong she was, she would not go down without a fight. And he would not be embarrassed in front of everyone.

The room cleared at his command other than the Guards and the Cullens. The Cullens stood behind Edward and Marian, almost in a protective manner.

"You know what I want. I have done your training, gone through it all. I am not a wolf anymore, Aro. Please... after all I've been through. Let me go. Allow me the happiness you would not allow your sister." She knew the last comment would make him angry. But, there was also the possibility it would make him understand. Make an old king see reason for the first time.

His eyes narrowed. Caius scoffed. Marcus sat unphased.

"I don't recall giving you a choice, Marian. I told you when I gave you your life, you are apart of Volterra. You serve me."

Her hand gripped tighter to Edwards. He didn't dare flinch at the pressure of her newborn strength. "I can still serve you with them. I'm the fastest person here, I'll be at your beck and call if or when you need me. Let me go, Aro. I have broken no rules. I should not be a prisoner."

"But you have broken every rule!" Caius stood in outrage, earning a glare from Aro. "As a human you fraternized with vampires. And now you are a crime against nature. A hybrid. The only good quality of you is this power you have."