𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

✴︎⁑︎☽︎⁑✴︎

Another day, after classes, Edward had brought Mari to a clearing. For now, it was all just grass as it was still the end of winter. But from what he told her, in the spring it would become a beautiful lavender field.

The two sat on a blanket in the middle of the grass field. Neither could feel the cold, as their contrasting body heats didn't allow it. Mari's wolf heat kept her warm while Edward's ice cold skin kept him from feeling the frost.

Edward watched her with contempt as she wrote an essay on a piece of loose leaf paper. It was on Romeo and Juliet, which they'd been studying in English.

For the past two or three months, the two had barely been able to be away from each other. It was like some invisible force was keeping them close. Maybe it was fate, they couldn't tell you. But they couldn't stand to be apart.

"I think its beautiful, don't you?" She asked, breaking the peaceful silence they'd been sitting in.

"A tragic love story ending in both of them dying, beautiful?" Edward questioned in return.

"In the end, they were still together. In death, they found each other again. But i think the fact that they were willing to die for one another in the first place is rather beautiful. Thats true love, isn't it?" She set down her paper and pencil, looking over to his amber eyes. They were brighter than usual, he must have recently fed.

He gave her a small smile. "I'd die for you. If i weren't already dead, that is."

A blush crept its way onto her cheeks. How. How could i feel such a way about him when i've only truly known him a short while? Fate, you cruel bitch.

"I agree." He said, the smile turning into a slight grin.

Her eyes widened. "Hey! Remember, no invasions!" She shouted at him, even though she was smiling.

"I have no control over it, and your voice is particularly loud. Almost as if you want me to hear y-" He was cut off when the wolf girl lunged on top of him.

The two fell back onto the blanket, laughing as she braced her hands on either side of his head. His hands, almost instinctively, went to her waist.

Her breath hitched as the cold of his fingertips seeped into her skin. "How does any of this make sense?" She wondered aloud. "I'm a wolf. Your a vampire. I've only known you a few months yet... i don't think i could ever be without you again." She ran a finger over his forehead, swiping away a loose strand of hair. "Sounds so poetic i might vomit." She softly laughed.

"Would it be even more poetic to say i've known since i set eyes on you? Freshman year, i knew. But i also knew how... dangerous it was. The opposite sides." His thumbs drew circles on her skin as he spoke. "The lion fell in love with the lamb."