No One Ever Wins The Games

Adrien had very minimal injuries

Adrien had very minimal injuries. His tracker was removed, and he was given an IV for his dehydration, but his stay in the hospital didn't last must longer than a few hours.

When he was finally released, Finnick, Mags, Amara, Iris, and Reiner were waiting for him. When he saw them, Finnick leapt up and ran right at him, pulling him into a tight hug.

Adrien laughed, and the two shed a few tears together.

"You won," Finnick cried, holding his friend as tight as he could.

"I won," Adrien said, holding on just as tightly.

When Finnick finally let go, Amara barrelled in next. She jumped on top of Adrien, squeezing him as hard as she could.

"You're never allowed to risk your life again," she said. Adrien laughed.

"I'll do my best," he said. Amara let go of him, and Mags and Iris fawned over him.

"We have to get going," Reiner reminded them. "You've sustained very few injuries so your coronation and interview with Caesar will happen tomorrow. I'll need to double check your measurements now that you're out of the games."

"You tributes always lose so much weight in the arena," Iris rolled her eyes. "Makes everything harder for the rest of us."

Adrien looked ready to kill her, and Finnick had to hold out an arm.

"I think Adrien needs a few hours to rest before we throw him into the public eye," Amara said carefully. Adrien relaxed slightly, taking a small step toward her.

"I agree," Mags said. "Let the boy breathe and process everything that just happened."

Reiner hesitated, but nodded. "I'll be there after dinner."

Amara gently took Adrien's hand and led him out the door. Finnick followed closely behind after glancing at Mags, who nodded, silently telling him she would handle the onslaught of people wanting to see Adrien right now.

"The apartment will be swarming with people right now," Finnick muttered when he caught up with Adrien and Amara.

"Which is why we're going back to mine," she said. Adrien sighed in relief. He wanted to be alone with his friends right now.

When they reached the door, they saw a few people from the Capitol mulling about, but most were on the other side of the building.

"We have the advantage that you're expected to exit with Mags," Finnick said.

Adrien gripped Amara's hand as they all exited the building.

"Keep your head high and act like this is a normal day," Amara said.

Adrien did as she said, but he had no idea how. How could he pretend everything was okay? How could he pretend his entire life hadn't just changed.

"What time is it?" he asked Finnick.