Dear Finnick

"Oh yes, I can tell the two of you are training hard," Finnick said as he walked into the flower shop

He dropped his duffel bag to the floor with a thud and Adrien and Annie jumped apart. They both went red, stuttering and pointing at each other as they both tried to explain what was happening between them.

Finnick tried to keep a stern expression, but it lasted about thirty seconds before he started laughing.

"You jerk," Adrien rolled his eyes, making Finnick laugh harder.

"I'm sorry, but you would have said the same thing," he said. Annie, still red, but trying to hide it, jumped off the counter and walked over to give him a hug.

"We didn't know you would be back today," she said. "Last year you were there longer."

"Last year, I had to heal from wounds and bruises. You can't throw a party in the Capitol until the victor is healthy. This year, Ezra got away mostly unscathed."

"Well, welcome home. Did your girl like the necklace?" she teased, and this time it was Adrien who was smirking at a red-faced Finnick, who took a step back and turned toward the door.

"I should actually head back home. I have a lot to unpack and I'm tired, so-"

"Don't you dare," Adrien said. "You can't come in here ready to tease us when you can't even look at us. I didn't even know you had a girl. Why didn't we know about this?"

"She's not my girl," Finnick said, whirling around.

"But you know exactly who I'm talking about," Annie pointed out. Finnick winced.

"Amara is just a friend," he said. "I needed to make some in the Capitol."

"And have you befriended Ezra?" Annie pushed. "He's your age, isn't he?"

"I met Ezra two days ago."

Annie crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a you're not fooling me look. Finnick groaned.

"Amara is my friend, Annie, and that's it."

"So why are you so red?" she asked, taking a step forward to inspect his face. His hand immediately shot up to feel it, and Annie's face scrunched up mischievously. "Made you look."

**

It was a rare moment for anyone close to Amara to see her without her notebook in hand. She always seemed to be scribbling things down. They would be in the middle of dinner and someone would say something to spark a creative line.

Amara was always writing, but it seemed that as she stared down at the paper in front of her, she was stuck.

She tapped the pen on the table. The moon was bright that night. Other than the small desk light she had beside her, it was the only thing illuminating the room.