Pisces : Chapter XII

"Agatha, where are you going?" Albafica asked while both of them had turned from the main hallway of the temple.

Agatha immediately halted her footsteps. She turned around toward the Pisces Gold Saint behind her.

"I want to have lunch together with you today!" A cheerful smile was clearly expressed on her face. "Sorry, I wasn't able to say this earlier, because I had to quickly turn here from the main hallway before the other assistants noticed my presence..."

Albafica frowned. "You..." he truly never thought he could hear that kind of words from an assistant of the Sanctuary. "Who had allowed you to eat here?" he asked coldly.

Agatha sighed slowly upon hearing the tone inside Albafica's voice when he asked that question.

"I... today I've made up a reason for not joining the lunch session with the other assistants. That reason... I've tried so hard to make it sound make sense to anyone hearing it, so I could eat together with you here..." The woman's eyes became rounder as she proceeded with her words. "So, please... could you please let me eat lunch with you today?"

Albafica fell silent as he stared at Agatha's purple eyes. Whether he was still surprised or too bewildered by the woman's sudden behavior, somehow he dawned upon confusion about what to say to her.

"Mr. Albafica, if I don't eat here, then where is the other possible place for me to eat this lunch today?" Agatha asked again as she gently shook the tray of food she was holding.

"......"

Albafica's mind quickly wandered to find the answer to that question. "You can have lunch at the other Gold Saint's temple," he replied afterward.

"I don't want to!" Agatha responded shortly. "I've walked this far until the last house of the zodiac temples, I don't want to go downstairs again before eating this meal!"

Albafica frowned once more upon hearing the reaction of the woman in front of him.

"After this lunchtime passed, shouldn't you go downstairs to do your other job?" he asked. "What is the difference if you go downstairs now to the other Gold Saint's temple? It doesn't need to be so far, you can just go downstairs to the Aquarius Temple and eat your lunch there. Degel must be not bother with it."

"But..." This time, a pleaded gaze came from the woman's eyes. "I'm already starving right now. I don't think I would be able to go downstairs even though it is only to the Aquarius Temple..."

Albafica felt uneasy all of a sudden after hearing those words. "All right. You can go to the Pope Chamber and eat with Goddess Athena," he gave her another option. "Isn't it nearer if you go there?"

"But..." The brown-haired woman fell silent for a while. "There aren't any of the assistants of the Sanctuary who ever eating at the Pope's Chamber like that. I must be creating a strange atmosphere if I have my lunch there. I will feel deeply uncomfortable toward Pope and Goddess Athena as well..."

Again, Albafica felt confused because of the woman's saying in front of him. "Then, don't you feel uncomfortable toward me right now because of suddenly saying that you want to have lunch in this temple?"

"No!" Agatha replied cheerfully. "Because it is my purpose, indeed! I came to the Pisces Temple right now to accompany you eating lunch!"

Albafica fell silent once more. He observed Agatha's facial expression and found the smile of the woman who seemed genuinely happy while answering his question just now. Truthfully, what was the thing inside the mind of this assistant in front of him?

The Gold Saint sighed slowly. He continued to walk, passing through Agatha to come inside the kitchen. "Don't eat so close to me."

Agatha turned her head, staring at the Saint who was walking from behind. The woman quickly moved her feet, following Albafica to the kitchen of the Pisces Temple.