Pisces : Chapter IX

Agatha and some of the other assistants had finished dividing all the main courses and desserts for lunch. The assistants who would take the food to the area of the temples of the zodiac were also ready and started to deliver it there one by one. Finally, the most important thing for this afternoon had wrapped up well.

After finishing the lunch session with the other assistants in the dining room located beside the main kitchen, Agatha decided to take a rest for a while before doing her other chores. Since morning, she had spent all of her time doing a lot of tasks continuously.

From washing a lot of formal clothes from the twelve houses of the zodiac to cleaning the kitchen and hall of the assistants — doing those energy-draining physical tasks without taking any single rest made the woman feel more tired than usual today.

"Agatha, could I ask for your help?"

Agatha who was in the middle of putting the clean plates on the shelves quickly turned around upon hearing someone's voice from behind her.

"Oh, Damaris," Agatha muttered after recognizing the person who called her name. The brown-haired woman sighed slowly. Seemed like a minute hadn't passed since she decided to take a little rest this afternoon, but it turned out that someone still needed her help.

For a moment, Agatha considered declining Damaris's request if she asked for her help doing some kind of burdensome task. "What is it that I can help you with?" she asked then.

"This afternoon, I got the task to accept the fresh fruits that had been on the way here. But, now I need to fix some of the stoves before the preparation of the dinner begins," Damaris replied. "Seems like I can't receive the fresh fruits, because fixing up stoves will need quite some time. So... could I ask for your help to receive the fruits if they have arrived?"

"Oh, I see..." Agatha nodded her head upon hearing Damaris's request. Earlier, while she was cooking for lunch, some stoves couldn't perform well, indeed. It would be very good if those stoves could get back to normal condition when used to cook dinner later.

Damaris would be doing an important job. Actually, receiving the fresh fruits wasn't that burdensome, it was only if after receiving them, the fruits that had already ripe must be separated from the others so they could be used first.

That task would only waste some of her time, but it should be that it wasn't too energy-draining. But, it means that Agatha must cancel her plan to go to the demon rose garden to take a rest this afternoon. Maybe... it was okay. She still could take some time to rest, as she separated the ripe fruits.

"All right..." Agatha said, after thinking for a while. "When is the time that the fruits will arrive?"

"You don't mind to do it? Really? Thank you so much, Agatha..." Damaris sighed in relief. "It is about 15 minutes later. You can just wait in the front terrace of the main kitchen."

"Okay. I will walk to the front terrace 15 minutes from now," Agatha said. "I will also separate the ripe fruits to be used first."

"Ah, doesn't that would bother you more?" Damaris asked quickly. She felt a bit guilty toward Agatha. "If you feel like don't want to do it, you can just put them inside the kitchen. I will separate the ripe fruits as soon as I finish fixing the stoves..."

"It's truly all right," Agatha replied. "It isn't a difficult thing to do. I really don't mind. It will be a lot easier to separate the ripe ones as I arrange all of the fruits to be put neatly in the kitchen."

"Agatha, thank you so much..." Damaris said sincerely. "You are so kind..."

"You're welcome Damaris," Agatha replied quickly. "I'm also deeply grateful to you for fixing those stoves. I know, fixing them is not easy."