Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Libby's POV.

I ran and ran to get away. I could hear someone chasing me but I just pushed my legs to go faster. I couldn't get the image of all my family and friends slaughtered, laying dead with their throats and insides ripped out and the blood, it was everywhere. Suddenly I tripped and fell, that's when I heard someone come out from the bushes. He was tall, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes that were almost black and he looked around thirty.

"Who are you?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"Oh you'll find out soon enough," he hissed then he was in front of my with his hand around my neck and my feet a few feet off the ground. I clawed at his hand trying to get out of his hold but he had a firm grip on my neck. I couldn't breathe.

"Please." I begged. He then shoved me against a tree, hand still around my neck. He didn't say anything, he just pulled a knife out of his pocket and that's when I screamed. The next thing I know I'm being shaken awake by Derrick.

"Libby! Libby! Wake up!"

"Derrick." I sobbed and jumped into his arms. Its been about two weeks sinse the attack and Derrick healed fine. We were training extra hard in the morning and in the evening.

"Shhhh Libby, it was just a nightmare," he soothed.

"But it felt so real." I cried into his shoulder. Just then Danny came in looking like he had just woken up.

"Hey baby girl what's wrong?" Danny walked closer and sat next to Derrick and I moved from Derrick's arms to Danny's.

"I'll leave you with her." I heard Derrick say to Danny.

"Yeah, thanks man." Danny smiled at Derrick and he smiled back before leaving. When he was gone Danny turned to me. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked me in a soft voice.

"I had a nightmare." I muttered quietly into his shoulder.

"Well we're going to have to do what we would always do when you had a nightmare." He told me then got up and carried me downstairs into the kitchen and sat me down at the table where Cole was sitting eating ice cream.

"So let me guess you had a nightmare," he smiled softly at me.

"Yes, I did now give me the ice cream." I said in a childish voice and pouted. You see when I was younger and had a nightmare Cole and Danny would always bring me down to the kitchen and give me my favourite ice cream, Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream whilst talking about random stuff then Cole would start telling a load of jokes that weren't funny which made us laugh because no matter how hard he tried he couldn't be funny. Then we would go up into my room and watch horror movies until I fell asleep, I love horror movies so much. I watched my first horror movie at the age of three because Danny and Cole tried scary me but it backfired and I ended up loving horror's. Danny sat next to me and I leaned against him while I ate my ice cream.

"Feeling any better?" Danny asked and I just nodded and carried on eating. I then turned to Cole.

"Why are you up?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"I also had a nightmare," he answered. Just then I saw a spoon go into my tub of ice cream and scoop a big spoon full out.

"Hey! That's my ice cream." I pouted at Danny but he just laughed along with Cole. "Anyway where's Jake?" I asked Danny and I could see Cole stiffen at the mention of him.