Chapter Three:

Arman:

"Oh baby, where are you? I miss you so much?" Naina said over the phone.

"I'm at a Diwali family event."

"OMG, fun, can I come?"

"No," I said coldly. She can't come, my dad hates her. If he sees her here, he will seriously murder me.

"Why baby?"

"Because I said so," and I hung up.

Yeah, I'm arrogant, not so great hearted but that's me and no one can change me. It's who I am, and who I will forever be.

Kiara

I quickly ran up the stairs to change into something comfy. I love traditional clothing but it's seriously so uncomfortable that I was suffocating in it.

I changed into my sweatpants and my oversized hoodie. This will do the job.

"Kiara, dinner's ready! Come down," Ma called.

"Coming," I replied.

I ran down the stairs, smelling the taste of Chicken Tikka Masala and Gulab Jamun. OMG, my favorite.

As I was running down the stairs I bumped into Aarav, my best friend since childhood. My parents loved him and I loved him too, like a best friend.

"Naina monkey, why are you rushing?" he teased.

"Aarav ass, can't you smell the food."

"It's not gonna run away Naan bread."

"Don't call me naan bread,"

"What if I do?"

"Is Aarav annoying you again?" a familiar male voice spoke behind me. It was my brother Siddharth.

"Good keep annoying her," wow, introducing my stupid brother.

They both started teasing me but I ignored them cause seriously the smell of food was killing me.

We all sat at the table and started eating. The food was unbelievably good. Everyone started making the "mmm" sound that people usually make when they love food.

"Wow Maya, this is unbelievable," mum complimented.

Maya was our housemaid but to me, she was more like a mother. She helped raise me and my brother, and looked after the house when my parents went on business trips. So yeah, I call her Maya Ma and she seems to love it. 

_____________

Sorry it's a short chapter but I didn't really pay attention to this book as I thought no one would read it, Thank you so much!