Mistake

A/N: Hi Pookies, hope you enjoy this chapter! I can't believe we're almost at chapter 50, this book was only supposed to have 50 chapters and here we are... welp. Also, I feel like this chapter is all over the place oopsie

THANK YOU ALL FOR 100K READS??? HELLO? I DON'T DESERVE YOU ALL I SWEARRR

___

- Cass's POV -

"I wanted to kill him. Wring his fucking neck." Louise mutters, her anger palpable as she throws her laundry on her bed with a heavy sigh, her hands placed firmly on her hips.

Glancing up from Georgia's bed, where I'd been helping her learn how to suture, I sigh, sympathy panging through me.

"I know. I wanted to help you do it too." I murmur, watching Louise carefully as she sinks down on her bed, her expression creased with a teary frustration.

She sniffles, looking down at her knees. "Knowing he hurt him- our Carl?" she cuts herself off, letting out a dangerously slow exhale. When she slowly looks up, my stomach flips at her expression of pure rage, immediately recognizing the uncanny resemblance to her brother.

"If we could Lou-" I begin, my stomach twisting, but Louise nods quickly, rendering my words useless, her eyes momentarily snapped shut with a grimace.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Doesn't make it easier." Louise mutters under her breath, her voice barely audible. She takes a moment, collecting herself, before slowly rising from her seat and returning to her laundry basket.

No. It doesn't.

My gaze lingers on Louise's retreating figure for a moment before I turn back to Georgia, addressing her question about dressing wounds. As I begin to explain, a sudden knock at the door startles me, panic flashing through my body. Without thinking, I'm already on my feet, my heart racing, positioning myself protectively in front of Georgia.

Louise, closest to the door, swears under her breath as she adjusts her dress and strides towards the entrance, her head held high. I watch with a pounding heart, unsure of what's happening. We never get people here this late.

Approaching the entrance, Louise opens the door cautiously, and from my vantage point, I can see her tense posture immediately relax, a smile spreading across her face. Stepping back, she opens the door wider, ushering in Spencer. He enters the room with a sheepish smile that, unexpectedly, triggers a surge of irritation within me as Louise closes the door behind him.

With a determined stride, I close the distance to Spencer. He turns towards me, surprise flashing across his expression as our eyes meet. Before he can react, a torrent of frustration and anger boils over, and I slam him against the wall with all the force I can muster. Pinning him against the chipping paint, I press my forearm firmly against his neck. Spencer chokes in surprise, his eyes wide as Louise calls out to me, confusion etched on her face.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I demand angrily pressing my forearm against his neck even harder. He just blinks at me in shock, his mouth parted, no sound coming out.

Louise's surprisingly strong grasp is abruptly pulling me off him, her eyes locking onto mine with a mix of concern and disbelief as Spencer coughs, rubbing his neck. "What is wrong with you?" Louise asks, genuinely taken aback as she forces me to look at her.

Clenching my jaw, waves of anger lap at the edges of my awareness, barely being able to look at Spencer. "That idiot was supposed to dispose of the bodies. But he didn't. Did you?" I ask him sarcastically, making the both of them sigh.