Odd man out

After reviewing the case and evidence placed against the defendant, I have granted the requested restraining order. Effective for three years. If Mr. Blake comes in contact with Miss- excuse me- Dr. Adams in any way, shape, or form, he will be detained. Any failure to abide by the strict rules of the restraining order will result in jail time. Court adjourned"

At the smacking of the gavel, I hang my head in relief, overjoyed that it's finally over.

"Yes! That's great Cass!" Sophie cries beside me, hugging me from the side tightly. I smile at her, contentment flowing through me.

He can't hurt me anymore.

As we walk out of the emptying courtroom, the words restraining order and granted play a loop in my mind, relief continuing to flow through me. Thank god it finally happened.

"Hey, I'll meet you guys in a bit, just going to go to the bathroom really quick," I say under my breath to Sophie and Michonne, who nod, smiles still on their equally relieved faces.

Feeling grateful I have my supportive friends with me today, I dart into the nearby bathroom. After doing my business, I walk out of the stall towards the sink, the clicking of my heels echoing hollowly in the empty room. My hands dance under the stream of water in the old-fashioned sink, soap cleansing away all my former anxiety. A cautious smile begins to form on my lips.

It finally happened. It's over now.

My blood freezes over as I hear a harsh, slow clap behind me. Nervously, my eyes flit up in the mirror to discover Phillip behind me, making me flinch. His dark eyes glare right back at me through the reflection, an intense hatred behind those eyes.

"Quite the performance back there, Bunny." He spits, dropping his previously clapping hands making me gulp, fear coursing my veins. The former relief is far gone now, my hands suddenly shaking under the hot stream of sink water.

"You manipulated an entire courtroom just to fuck. me. over. Fantastic. I'm honestly impressed." He snarls slowly, taking a purposeful step toward me. My heartbeat pounds against the vein in my neck, panic engulfing me.

I feel like an animal, cornered by a primal and dangerous predator. A gazette frozen in fear as a lion stalks toward her, knowing what will happen but too terrified to move.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. It's t-the truth," I stutter, not having the courage to move from my spot. My skin is starting to burn under the hot water from the sink, turning a bright red color. But I've begun to get used to pain.

Phillip nears me slowly, that dangerous glint in his eyes. The predator, stalking his prey. His top lip twitches in anger and my stomach drops at the familiar movement, dread washing over me.

"You've won. For now. But I promise you, Bunny? That the second that shitty piece of paper expires, I will come for you." He drawls out evenly, eyebrows pulled together, driving his deep forehead creases to be more prominent.

Adrenaline tingles through my limbs, my lower lip quivering as I watch him in terror through the reflection of the mirror. My chest heaves, fearing what he could do.

The images flash through my mind. He could throw me against the harsh tile floor, smash the side of my head on the edge of the porcelain sink, or grab me from my hair and yank me backward into him. So many possibilities, which one will he do?

When he speaks again, his commanding voice filling the small bathroom quickly, my body jerks in anticipation of violence.

"I will kill you. Slow enough so you can feel the pain you have caused me. Leaving me. Embarrassing me like this, slandering my name!" Phillip shouts, his nostrils flaring in anger. I blink at him, wordlessly awaiting him to hurt me in some way.