~ BONUS CHAPTER ~

A/N: You guys have the wonderful @loevlyy to thank for this, as they are the one who came up with the idea!! I just couldn't help myself after they suggested it hehe (also their fics are criminally underrated check them out RN)

Anyway, here's chapter 35 from Rick's POV!! Enjoy and of course, nsfw warning ;)

___

- Rick's POV -

I know this isn't a good idea, but with my heart pounding and the alcohol coursing dangerously through my veins, I do it anyway. It's been so long since a woman has wanted me and my desperation for Cass is starting to wear me down. And after seeing how good she looked tonight, I need an outlet.

Leaning in, I close my eyes, imagining it's Cass in front of me instead. Imagining it's her soft, perfect lips I'm pressing mine against. Pretending and wishing with all of my being that she's the one in front of me instead. That when we part from this kiss, her green eyes will be blinking up at me, crinkled at the edges with love.

As I pull away from the lackluster peck, I'm hit with an overwhelming wave of regret as Jessie beams back at me, hoisting Judith in her arms. I smile down at my daughter, caressing her hair for a moment as I try to suppress my overwhelming regret.

Your dad is a mess, I think as I look into Judith's deep brown eyes.

Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn to look over my shoulder only to see no one behind us.

Huh.

"You okay?" Jessie asks softly, her voice seeming to cut through the weight of my regret. Looking back from over my shoulder, I meet her curious gaze, putting on an easy smile as I nod, trying to suppress the suffocating remorse settling over me.

Why did I do that?

"Oh, there she is!" I hear from behind us, the sudden voices making me turn to see Beth and Sophia headed over to us with smiles. My heart warms slightly seeing the young girls dressed like normal kids, clean and grinning back at us.

"We were hoping we could take Judith for the night? We miss her," Beth murmurs sheepishly, glancing at my daughter in Jessie's arms. Judith turns in Jessie's grasp, looking curiously at her original babysitters.

Smiling at their love for my daughter, I nod in permission, their adorableness only partly eaasing the twisting dread in my gut. "Of course, that would be great," I tell Beth warmly, watching as Jessie hands Judith over to her original babysitters, making them grin widely, cooing over her.

Judith already seems like she's in a better mood now, just from being put in Beth's arms. She giggles, grasping at Beth's cardigan as the two girls take her away.

I smile at myself, the sight a comforting reminder of our lives back at the prison.

"She's got some great babysitters," Jessie comments softly, making me nod, sparing a glance at the woman as she watches them go. The married woman.

The woman I just kissed despite having zero feelings for her. Jesus Christ, I'm a mess.

"Yeah. Sorry, I need to go check on my other kid, I'll see you later?" I breathe politely, clearing my throat and hoping to end the awkward encounter as fast as possible.

Jessie looks slightly surprised as she turns her attention to me, her blonde hair shifting over her shoulder. She nods and smiles kindly as I walk away, relieved to be leaving the awkwardness behind.

Walking back into the party, I let out a heavy sigh, running my hand over my face, trying to collect myself.

Trying to collect myself after kissing some random married woman because seeing my good friend in a damn dress is making driving me insane. Because seeing that same friend simply talk to a man filled me with so much jealousy I felt like I couldn't breathe.