Finally

"Is it me you're upset with? Did... I do something?" Rick questions, his voice slightly heartbroken.

I drop my hands from my face to find him staring at me, his eyes expectant and expression fallen. Remembering whose lips he was locked with earlier sends a rush of vivid rage through my veins.

Fuck it.

"You know what Rick? Yes. It is you." I confirm bitterly, making shock flash across his usually controlled expression, clearly surprised at the harshness in my tone.

I let the alcohol, bitterness, and fierce jealousy churn dangerously within me as I take a step toward him, suddenly seething with irrational betrayal.

"I thought you were a man of honor." I growl lowly, my face pulled downward with disgust, making Rick flinch with surprise, those stupid perfect eyes of his widening.

"What are you-"

"-I saw you." I cut him off harshly, blistering irritation snapping through my veins, making the task of holding back incredibly difficult.

"I saw you and Jessie. Kissing." I reveal darkly with disgust, a heavy pit weighing in my stomach hearing it being said out loud. It suddenly feels much more real.

Rick's eyebrows raise at my words before he clenches his jaw, looks down, and rests his hand on his belt, letting out a slow exhale through his nose.

"That was private." Rick utters lowly, not meeting my gaze.

Not being able to help it, I scoff, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Right. In the middle of a party, with the whole goddamn community in attendance," I snap sarcastically as his intense eyes flit up to meet mine, anger flaming behind those blue irises.

"She's married, Rick. With two kids." I remind him sharply, making him clench his jaw once again, taking a deep breath.

"I don't think that kind of thing matters anymore, d'you?" Rick questions me roughly, squinting his eyes and tilting his head to the side with an attitude that makes me scoff at the vivid irony.

Why can't he see it?

"Last I checked, you killed the man who tried to break up your family. I don't remember you being fine with Shane goin' after Lori just because it happened to be the fucking apocalypse." I spit, my chest heaving, slight guilt ebbing at me for bringing up that subject.

Rick's face twitches with anger, his nostrils flaring slightly. "That was different. You know that" He mutters shortly, his heart-wrenching gaze boring into mine, looking far too calm, making my own anger rise in severity.

Fuming, I take another step closer to him, searching his face incredulously.

"How?" I demand lowly. "Enlighten me, Rick. Because from where I'm standing? You are Shane in this situation- lusting after a married woman!" I rant passionately, making Rick huff with aggravation.

"I'm not lusting after her," Rick snaps darkly, his fiery eyes burning into mine, the pale moonlight casting a dark shadow across his sharp features.

"It's not- that simple." He adds through gritted teeth, pinching the bridge of his nose, shifting on his feet.

Shaking my head, suddenly unable to recognize the man standing in front of me, I avert my gaze.

That anger that just consumed me now subsides quickly, replaced rapidly with a sense of defeat.

He has no idea what he is getting into.