34 Bad Feeling

"I should've gone with them." Jane mumbled to herself as she burned holes through her annoyingly still cell phone.

She'd already called Levi asking him to give her an update on the situation and he'd barley uttered an excuse that he was driving and would call her back later. It's nearly been forty minutes and not a single message.

From anybody.

Peter was still with Wendy in the hospital; Mike and Elle were watching over Anouchka who'd still hadn't recovered from last week; and everybody else seemed to be waiting for Vivian to take over Cassie's body.

This was a bad idea, this whole ordeal was making Jane's stomach tighten and clench in worry. There was so much that could go wrong, so much that was unknown. Obviously no one had ever tried to channel someone's half-dead spirit into someone's fully alive body before and this whole thing just screamed trouble.

She should've tried harder to convince the others that this was a stupid idea. Why bring back to life the woman who singlehandedly orchestrated this entire fiasco? Where was the logic? Sure they needed the grimoire, to break the curse, but wasn't there another way of getting it?

Narrowing her eyes at her phone, she willed someone to contact her. Hell, she'd accept a sarcastic text from Luke at this point. Since the wolfs bane he'd inhaled was still struggling to work its way out of his system, he'd been extra irritating but it'd been a relief to see that he still at least had a soul.

Unexpectedly a sharp knock came from her door causing Jane to frown. Who the hell was knocking on her door, this late in the afternoon when everybody she knew was out somewhere else.

It couldn't be Clare or Ronan could it?

"Jane open the door!" the familiar voice demanded, before more knocking ensued.

And Jane's fear left her in a dismissive sigh as she sprang up from her couch and over to the door. Opening it wide, she took one look at the worry written all over Anouchka's face and felt fearful all over again.

What was she doing here without Mike or Elle? And why the hell did she look like she was about to cry?

Jane took in a deep breath of realization as she stated, "Something's happened to Luke and Levi, hasn't it."

Anouchka nodded frantically and pushed past Jane inside her dorm room, and with a shaking hand Jane pushed her door closed as she muttered, "I knew I should've gone with them."

Slowly, she turned back round to look at Anouchka and watched as the panicked she-wolf paced across the seemingly small space of her dorm as she quickly asked, "You feel it don't you? I'm not just going crazy."

Jane didn't realize until now, how strongly she truly did feel something was wrong. Her unease had been growing throughout the entire forty minutes of dead silence from Levi and now Jane was starting to wonder if that was some part of their mate bond telling her that something wasn't right.

"Yeah, I feel it."

Anouchka sighed and raked a hand through her long, dark hair before gripping it at the base as though she wanted it to rip it from her skull, "Okay. Levi will probably kill me for this later, but if we don't do this... he may not be alive to kill me for it."

"Now you're starting to freak me out, what are you talking about?"

Anouchka's eyes shot to hers, "Levi told you about how he and Luke have all these weird, supernatural abilities right."

Jane pulled back her sleeve, before holding up her exposed wrist with the poison mark, "Yeah, he's mentioned it once or twice."

"Right, so the more he uses those powers, the more your life span shortens and all that- he's told you about this?"