20 Boyfriend

***IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END***

Jane stared at Anouchka in disbelief, finally piecing together what she knew. Anouchka had told her that Levi was protecting her from someone... guess now she knew who that someone was.  

"Mate!" Luke possessively growled suddenly losing interest in both Jane and Levi as his eyes registered onto Anouchka who looked both terrified and relieved all at once. Suddenly Levi jumped onto his brother and pinned him down to the ground. Jane got a glimpse at Luke's face and she was in shock at how lost he was to his wolf. Luke's eyes had changed as well as his teeth, even his face shape had changed into that of his wolfs and she could see his bones struggling to retain one form. 

"I thought I told you to stay at home?" Levi barked at Anouchka anger and annoyance dripping from his tone, "You knew that Luke was back and you didn't listen to me." 

Anouchka stuttered as she whispered, "I-I'm sorry. I needed to see him." 

Luke started howling and snapped Jane out of her stupor. She looked down at the two brothers on the ground and innocent, vulnerable Anouchka and she knew she had to get Luke's mate away from this chaotic mess.  

Avoiding the struggling brothers she reached Anouchka and gently grabbed her arm as she softly asked, "Erin... are you okay?" 

Anouchka started sobbing and Jane found herself suddenly supporting her weight. She wanted to console Anouchka but at the same time, she knew she had to get her out of there.  

Suddenly the back door opened and Elle and Mike came running out, taking one look at the chaos in front of them and throwing themselves right into it. Mike trying to help Levi, keep Luke away and Elle slung Anouchka's arm over her shoulder, "Come on Janie let's get her out of here." 

Together both Elle and Jane managed to place Anouchka in the back of Mike's car and Anouchka broke down into heart wrenching sobs that made Jane wince. Would that be her one day? She didn't really understand too much about this whole curse, but she'd assume because Luke and Levi were twins that Anouchka would be suffering a similar fate as she was.  

She looked over at Elle and frowned, she still hadn't entirely forgiven her yet, but she did help her get Anouchka out of there and Jane didn't have a car. Clearing her throat she awkwardly mumbled, "Thankyou." 

Elle shrugged, "Don't worry about it." 

Elle raised her eyes to the rear view mirror and looked at Anouchka as she asked, "Where am I going?" 

Anouchka shrugged, "I don't really feel like going home." 

Jane and Elle shared a frowned as they wracked their brains trying to figure out where to go. It was pretty late and she they both had class tomorrow, but they couldn't just abandon Anouchka when she clearly did not want to be left home alone.  

Elle gave Anouchka another look through the rear view mirror before curling her fingers tighter over the steering wheel, "McDonalds it is." 

Jane didn't make a habit of eating McDonalds but she couldn't turn down a box of fries right now. And if Anouchka's laugh was anything to go by, she needed a little pick me up to. 

It didn't take very long to find a McDonalds restaurant and settle inside a booth all of them divulging in the guilty pleasure. There was meaningless discussion, none of them wanting to be the first one to talk about what just happened. Although both Elle and Jane were itching to know the history between Erin and Luke they were trying their best to be considerate of the fact that she was clearly not up to talking about it just yet.