33 Ultimatum

It'd only been a week since Halloween and to Jane it felt that the week had gone by too quickly yet not quickly enough. So much had happened, that she was still struggling to get her head around it all. And to make the whole situation even worse Levi hasn't said more than three words to her- "hi" "okay" and "bye"

Looking around the familiar space of her dorm room, her eyes landed on Cassie who at this moment was seated next to her still immobilized by the chain Luke had connected from her wrist to some type of heavy metal bar he and Levi had carried up here. Jane was surprised the bar hadn't fallen through the floor yet. Luke had called it a precaution, so that Cassie wouldn't back out of the events that were going to occur tonight.

"You seem nervous," Cassie questioned from beside her, and looking over she saw that her roommate was analysing her closely.

Was she nervous?

This was the first time she'd been alone with Cassie and solely responsible for watching her, this entire week. So yeah, she was a little nervous to be alone with the witch who had been in cahoots with Ronan.

Jane shrugged, "Levi and Tony will be back soon."

Levi had practice and Tony... well he was apparently getting all the pieces he and Cassie were going to need for tonight. According to the two of them if Cassie was going to have any luck of channelling her mother's spirit into her body they were going to need provisions.

Cassie just smirked at Jane, flipping her long, dark hair over her shoulder, "You think I'm crazy don't you?"

Jane scoffed, "What? No."

Jane winced at how obvious she sounded and cleared her throat, "Well, maybe just a little."

Cassie nodded and leaned back, facing the wall instead of Jane, both of them settling back into the silence they were in just moments before.

Jane still couldn't believe Cassie had agreed to do this. But according to Cassie there was no other way they were going to get the grimoire unless Vivian was the one who summoned the book.

And from all the things Jane's heard about Vivian, she couldn't believe that Cassie would be willing to let such an evil soul take control of her body. Apparently Luke couldn't believe it either which is why he's kept her as a prisoner this entire week.

"I knew it would happen eventually," Cassie admitted, leaning her head back and closing her eyes, "I could always feel her presence nudging at me, begging me to let her use my body as a host."

Cassie let out a humourless laugh, "She always gets what she wants in the end."

Briefly, Cassie's eyes opened and flickered straight to Jane's exposed wrist where Vivian's mark was clearly displayed on her wrist. Every day it added a little more and the mark seemed to grow upwards along her arm closer and closer to her heart.

While Cassie seemed to be talking, Jane wanted to take advantage of it and before the silence grew awkward between them she spoke, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Only if I can ask you one."

Jane frowned, "Like twenty questions?"

"Sure," Cassie chuckled, "Why not."

"Okay, what is it in the book that you need so badly?" Jane launched into the game, not bothering to waste her questions. Cassie was a very private person, Jane knew this, so the fact that she was willing to openly answer her questions was an opportunity she was going to jump at.

Cassie's body seem to tense as she answered, "I'm indebted to Ronan. Whether I like it or not, I have to help him break the curse my mom put on his family."