30 Halloween (Part III)

***LONG CHAPTER, THIS CHAPTER ALSO USES SOME STRONG LANGUAGE***

STILL FIVE HOURS AGO

(***A/N The time frame is matching the scene at the start of chapter 28 and all these scenes are leading up to that moment***)

The very first thought that popped into Jane's mind when they entered the Halloween party at Ronan's house was that for a hunter he sure knew how to throw a party. Everywhere she looked had her inner party girl shrieking with excitement and anticipation.

The mansion sized home was brimming with people all dressed in different colours and dancing to music vibrating from the jumbo speakers. Along with the strobe lights and overall atmosphere, Jane had a hard time remembering she was here to do something more important than party.

Turning around behind her she watched with hidden amusement at how serious the boys all looked, well mainly Peter, Luke and Levi. Tony looked like he was about to jump out of his skin and run screaming for the hills and Nate just looked... well she wasn't quite sure what his nervousness meant. If he was nervous about being discovered as the one being Ronan's insider or if he was nervous about the fact that we're a small group of werewolves in the territory of a little over a thousand or so hunters.

Jane's thought process was broke off by Luke's voice being raised over the music so that everyone within their small group could hear, "Everyone remember what they have to do?"

Luke received nods from anyone but Tony who just frowned from behind his fake moustache as part of his green and white, Super Mario Bros. Luigi costume.

"Wait," Tony burst out, as Luke started to move within the crowd, "I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do?!"

Jane just sighed at Tony and went to remind him what their part of Luke's rather elaborate strategy was until Levi beat her to it as he demanded, "Your job is to stay with her and keep the two of you out of trouble."

The newly made mark on her wrist tingled as a sign of her bodies awareness of her mate and not for the first time she found her fingers grazing over the mark Levi had given her. It wasn't temporary and by no means any declaration of affection, but she still couldn't help but feel insanely about the fact that she was still wearing his mark. Even if it was for only one night.

Tearing her gaze away from Levi, she reigned in her thoughts as she reminded Tony, "You and I, are going to see if we can find out why Ronan's so obsessed with this curse."

They'd had to fill Tony in on the car trip over here, but he wasn't the least bit surprised to learn that his aunt had cast yet another horrible curse. Apparently not even Vivian's own flesh and blood were surprised at how awful and damaging her curses were she literally was just that bad a person. And although still being a menace from the grave, Jane was relieved she was dead.

With a sigh, Tony turned to Jane giving her his full attention, "Lead the way."

Jane looked over at the space where, Levi had been standing with Luke merely a second ago but both of them had disappeared somewhere within the crowd. She found her finger tightening over the mark on her wrist before she gave Tony a firm nod, "A house this enormous has to have a library of some sort's right? My guess is we start there."

Tony laughed, "A library June? How cliché."

She shot him a murderous glare, "It's less than five hours before midnight, we better get moving."

***

4 HOURS AGO

LEVI POV