Performaces

Minnie's POV

Being on the other side of the country is so odd, like damn why is time weird on the east coast, there ahead of real time, real show offs if you ask me!
I was here in New York with Ricky because we're both performing at Digifest, I'm beyond excited this was a very big deal for me. I'm performing all new songs no ones even heard except for Trevor and dad and well I'm also performing Reflection for the first time it's two new songs no ones heard, and all together performing all three songs for the first time ever I can't get over this concept!
Dad was back in California working on his movie and has put my life in Ricky's hands.
It's currently eight in the morning and since we only got here yesterday and digi was today I was tired as fuck.
I took a shower and put on a light wash high waisted shorts with a white halter crop top and a jungle leaf print button up top you know the America Apparel one all over tumblr, but left it un buttoned. I curled my hair to a wavy state and did my makeup up, I put some black booties to complete my look and waiting for Ricky and well the bus to come pick us up.

After a bit of time we got there and both of us were in the same meetup and honestly non of us really had much clue, it was a mess though and I did get yelled at just a few times for "breaking meet and great rules" when all did was take a few extra seconds to talk to the people I met.
After the meetup which in the end we didn't get to meet everyone they were straight lying to our faces saying they got through everyone in the line and in fact we didn't and it's actually very much their fault for not having their shit together and starting late. This day was starting off not on the best foot.
I go on right before Ricky which is a pretty far time from now so me and Ricky went to go find Trevor in the like backstage area that was setup for us.
"You know we didn't get through everyone right?" I asked Ricky as we walked and he looked at me as if his dog died which broke my heart.
"What? They said we got everyone that had vip!"
"If you don't believe me just check Twitter everyone's tweeting about it." I gave a small smile and kept walking.
"This is complete crap, I can't believe this happened."
"That's digi for you, we can only hope they rest of the day will go better."
"Ugh I'm going to go find someone to talk to about my set, please don't get kidnapped Kian will kill me!"
"No promises." I laughed and he rolled his eyes. I still couldn't find Trevor but I ended up finding, Anthony, Orion, Dana and Rickey.
"Minnie!" Anthony yelled when he say me pulling me in for a hug as the others joined.
"Hey guys!"
"We were just about to go to the tent over their because it's air conditioned and it's hot as hell you coming?" Orion asked and of course I would I'm sure Trevor would eventually find me.
"Duh!" We went over to the tent and hung out, we talked about Anthony's movie, Orion's boyfriend, Dana graduating and my songs.
"I can't wait for my edges to my snatched tonight, I will be bald Minnie!" Anthony said referring to my performance.
"You know how I do."
"That's my egotistical daughter!" Orion said and we all laughed.
Hey does anyone have the set list.
"Uh yeah here." someone working there said overhearing my question and I thanked them then looked for times of some particular people.
"Hey I've got some people I wanna go watch I'll be back right after k?"
"k." they all said in unison then I made my way to the side of the stage to watch sdk and chomik and all of them, oddly enough I'm actually kind of friends with them.
After their set Joey asked me to meet up with some of them later to watch Jack and Jack's set and of course since I was already planning to watch it I agreed.
I went back to the tent for awhile and then decided to text Trevor and he told me he was with Ricky and that'd he'd meet me at the stage right before my set.
"Ok but like Sammy or Nate?" Anthony asked and I jumped right into the conversation.
"Nate all the fucking way, choke me!"
"Damn girl chill, but you have a pint Nate is such a papi throw me on a bed and call me lil mama please and thank you!" Anthony said I laughed.
"Personally I like Sammy, strangle me with those eye lashes!" Rickey added.
"Yeah Sammy's tight." Dana said.
"Like this pussy!" Orion yelled and looked up to her phone, I couldn't believe she was recording us on snapchat!
"Orion!" We all yelled.
"What this is fucking gold, if people don't tweet these videos to Sammy and Nate I'll b be so disappointed!"
"I hope you die." I said crossing my arms.
"Lies."
Later we watched Nate's set and generally think digi was one big orgasm at that point.

Now it was time for my set, Trevor and Ricky both stood there giving me a pep talk that I really didn't want but I did need. I didn't think I'd be this scared but I can't believe how scared I am.
"You're going to do amazing, we'll both be right here, I promise you're going to kill it will your new songs their amazing and everyone will love them, you're going to slay."
"I'm going to slay!" I said reassuring myself.
"That's a spirt!" They both gave me a hug and I looked over at them including some friends that stood behind them as I heard my name and went out.
"Hey guys I'm Minnie Lawley and I'm singing three originals that I'm really proud of and it would really make me happy that you guys got into the songs, here we go!" The first song was called Pity Party.(the song is by Melanie Martinez all credit goes to her, also I'm not really writing in the lyrics so just play the song I guess.)
As I sang this song I really got into, I did that while I wrote it, I did that while I recorded it and now I'm performing it and just going deep into this song, it's like I'm a different person on stage every move I take full of emotion. There's a part in the song where I scream and right before it I made the wrong move and fell but I tried my best to pull it off by kneeling and pretending to scream, hopefully it worked. I got back up and sang the rest of the song and moved onto the next called Brave Honest Beautiful(all credit goes to Fifth Harmony)
As I sang I noticed a girl in the front going full fledge into the song holding onto to every word which is exactly what I wanted so I sang a part to her and she sang with me it made my entire fucking day. In the middle of the song I have a high note which was honestly the scariest part but I hit it without a hitch and I was so surprised and it showed on my face.
Then I had my kind of rap you could call it and it was one of my favorite parts. Then to finish my set was my first ever single Reflection(one again all credit goes to Fifth Harmony).
"Now before I start this I want to say thank you for helping me be able to even be up here singing these songs for you, this was the first ever original song I recorded and made a video for and I can't thank you guys enough and if you like anything you heard I'll release it soon, now here's Reflection!"
Now this song had a dance to it and I was kind of scared of messing it up because it was honestly my favorite part of the song.
It ended up going off without a problem and I would say I slayed but I couldn't get that fall off my mind. I said thank you to the crowd one more time and walked off to be hugged by Ricky before we walked onto the stage because he was right after me. Then Trevor hugged me.
"Did you notice that fall during Pity Party? Do you think they did?"
"No you pulled it off great you had to be like paying attention to every detail to notice, you did amazing I'm so proud."
"I was so nervous, my heart feels like it's about to hop out of my chest Jesus."
"Isn't it great!" He smiled and hugged me again.
"It feels so good it all felt to right!"
"I'm so fucking proud of tot Minnie, like words can't even describe!"
"Thank you so much Trevor, I know for a fact I couldn't of done it without you." I pulled him in for another hug and watched the rest of Ricky's performance.
Soon it was time for Trevor's and he fucking killed it I've been so obsessed with his new song since he let me listen to it.
After his performance as I stepped back a big chunk letting people get through Trevor ran up to me and twirled me around.
"And I couldn't of done that without you."
_____________________________________
Hola me amigos how have ya'll been! It feels like it's been forever and then some since a new chapter has been posted but here you go a little something something I've actually been looking forward to writing since like January.
I'm seeing one direction in like 4 days and I'm honestly crying I love my babies.
Also real quick wanna say 193K READS WHAT THE HELL HOW WHEN?! I love all of you who read this story so much!
Hit me up on Twitter @/settledownjack and please check out my Teen Wolf fic The Wings it would mean the world!
Stay Gucci
-lots of love Mariah