Chapter 15.

The first rays of sunlight invaded my room and I realized that I slept without seeing anything at all, so I felt a relief, but I had a few more days until Morgan could invade my dreams again and who knows this time it might be even worse. I hate to think about it but I can't. Immediately afterwards I got up, got prepared and was ready to go to school. As I opened the door, I saw Conrad in front of me.

''Good morning, Odette.'' He said while looking more cheerful compared to me.

''Good morning, I guess.'' I said and he looked me in the eye while putting his hands on my shoulders.

''I know how you feel Odette, we have a few more days do you think I haven't thought about it? The first thing I did was this. I'm not reassuring myself, but I don't want to be miserable and keep thinking about this stuff. So, calm down and relax, at least now we know we have a few days, was it better before we didn't know where it was going to hit us from?" He said and smiled at me, he was right in what he said. But I can't be the same as Conrad, he thinks differently, and I think differently too.

''You're definitely right Conrad, but I can't relax, maybe today Eris will come again and who knows what else she'll tell us. We need to be alert, not reassured. As you said, we must prepare ourselves for what we are about to learn.''

''You're also right Odette, we definitely need to be prepared, but until we get to school at least calm down, then you can be on guard again.'' He said and walked towards the stairs of the house.

''Okay, let's go.'' I said and after we walked down the stairs we went to the kitchen and saw mom sitting on the chair drinking her morning coffee .

"Good morning!'' She said cheerfully. I wish I was my mom right now, carefree and calm without having to deal with unthinkable things.

"Good morning!'' Conrad said in the same tone.

''Good morning.'' I said without enthusiasm, better not to pretend, I can't do what Conrad does, it's not me. What I feel is what I express.

''Are you okay Odette?" My mother asked and I was sure she was going to ask, how do you expect me to be in the morning? In the midst of all the crazy joy?

''Yeah, let's go Conrad.'' I said as I pulled him by the arm and we hurried out of the house.

''Odette what did we say?''

''We didn't say, you said, if you want to act happy do it but I can't because I'm not.''

"Okay, I just wanted to make you feel better. I know that everything we've learned and experienced has been a lot for us to process.''

''Thank you Conrad, but you can be yourself to me and you know it.'' I said and he shook his head positively.

As we were walking towards the school we saw Aurora in an alley below, she immediately spotted us she raised her hand up and waved, she was coming towards us, when we saw her trembling once again we immediately knew it was Eris so we ran towards Aurora.

''Eris.'' I said as I grabbed her hand and immediately we went somewhere more secluded so no one would see or hear us.

''I don't have much time.'' She said immediately after.

"Why? When are you going to get stronger?'' Conrad asked.

"Soon, guys. For now, we need to talk.''

"So tell us." I said impatiently.

''I don't want you to be scared. I think Morgan realized I gave you the key. But if he finds out that I'm behind it, he will definitely act faster than I expected.'' She said and of course I was shocked because that could mean one thing, once the key is off our shoulder the dreams will definitely get even worse.