Chapter 1.

A few hours, a few more hours and we would arrive in the next city which is our final destination for this week. We perform non-stop without rest. However, I can't say that I'm not particularly happy about the love and support that people give us at every show. My troupe is one of the most successful and talented, but of course, without them, Circus Darkvile would not exist today without the help of my good friend and close associate Victor. Victor was the one who pushed me to start my circus. I was in a dark cloud of thoughts, lost in my mind, not knowing who I was or what I was aiming for in my life, so Victor took me to a show one day that piqued my interest enough to get me into the circus business. I think it was one of the best choices I have made so far in my life. We are all a family, and we travel from city to city and from country to country, what better could I ask for? 

"Look, look, we're here." the youngest of our group, Christina, our best acrobat, said full of excitement and surprise. Christina was only fifteen years old when I found her and put her in the troupe, it's been two years now that she's been here. However, the troupe has changed her for the better, she wasn't so pleasant two years ago. Our meeting was a bit weird I must say. 

Two Years Ago.

 ''We need to find another acrobat, Morgan, the twins, and Arthur can't do all the work themselves. The audience has increased and so have the shows, our hours have to increase, they can't go out for ten minutes anymore'' Victor said anxiously and sceptically as he couldn't sit in his seat. His anxiety showed more than any other person, one of his flaws I must say.

''I told you, Victor, we don't need another acrobat for the time being. Also, this week we've been here I've noticed a drop in receipts, which I find odd since we're selling out all the tickets.''

"Do you think someone is stealing from us?" He asked in wonder.

"I think yes, and I need to find out who's responsible.''

"Do what you think, Morgan, but I'm telling you, we have to find someone.''

''Okay, Victor. Good night.''

"Good night." He said puffing as he left the room realizing of course that his words were not very noticeable to me as of course, mine were not to him. I understand his concerns, but we don't have room for another mouth right now. We may be doing well in profits, but we have a lot of expenses. Of course, it's the issue of decreased money that worries me. Especially this week we're always missing something, so I'll have the earnings next to me today. If someone is indeed stealing from my team, I want to see it with my own eyes. After taking the wooden box next to me which we put all our earnings in, I put it under my bed. Then I blew out the candles and finally, I was ready to sleep after a tiring day.

It must have been around two in the evening when Victor and the troupe called out my name, waking me up from that strange dream I was having. I immediately got up like a whirlwind out of bed checking to see if the box was still down where I had placed it a few hours before I fell asleep. I immediately picked it up and walked out of the room.

''Morgan, Morgan you have to see this.'' Arthur our acrobat said running, unable to catch his  breath. Immediately he took me by the hand and by the time we had reached Victor's room I  didn't even realize it. They were all gathered around someone I couldn't see yet. Arthur and I  approached them, and a young girl was sitting in the chair. She was blonde and had blue eyes. She was very thin and pale, while her clothes were dirty and torn. As I began to observe her  more closely, I also noticed some bruises on her right arm, and she had some scratches on her legs. 

"Why is she tied up, Victor?" I asked after a few seconds while I was still holding the box with the earnings tightly in my hands.

''You were right, Morgan, this young lady has been stealing from our profits since we arrived. Eleanor caught her going through her things earlier, just before her performance.'' Eleanor was our conjurer and one of the troupe's first arrivals, talented and full of enthusiasm and love for what she does.