Chapter 12.

Odette...Odette come to me... this creepy voice said, once again I was in a complete void, trying to find a way to escape, I was running without knowing where I was going while this voice kept coming closer and closer to me, my heart was beating like crazy from the anxiety and fear I was feeling. I wanted to wake up but something wouldn't let me. I was aware that I was having the dream again, but it was strange because it felt real, too real. Odette...I heard the voice right next to me, I started running again and as I ran a face appeared in front of me. I fell down in fear and the face had already disappeared, I managed to open my eyes and wake up from this horrible dream, if you now consider it a dream. Immediately I started crying, I couldn't take it anymore, I was so scared, more scared than the first time I saw it. Right after, the alarm clock next to me went off and I jumped up in my seat while my heart was beating so hard, I thought it was going to leave its place. I got out of bed as I felt a weakness in my legs, like I had been running all night.. in the dream I was running non-stop, but there's no way that I feel this way from this, it's not real no matter if I felt that way. Without having time to sit and process what I saw I just quickly got ready and went downstairs to the kitchen. I only found Conrad sitting down eating his breakfast.

"Good morning Odette!'' He said as he looked better than yesterday, he probably didn't see the dream again.

''What's wrong with you? Have you been crying?'' He asked and stood up from his seat while walking towards me, I just couldn't hold it and burst into tears.

''Odette, what happened?" He asked with concern in his voice and also in his eyes while placing his hand on my shoulder.

''Conrad...'' I said through my sobs. I wasn't able to explain to him what I saw at this moment, I just wanted to cry to feel some relief at least.

''Do you want to go outside and get some air?" He asked and I just shook my head. He grabbed his bag and then we walked out of the house while we started walking.

''Do you want to sit here for a while? We still have time until school.'' He said and pointed to the bench right next to us with his hand, I didn't answer and just sat down.

''You're scaring me Odette, are you okay?" He asked again.

''Yeah, just...'' I said as I took a deep breath.

''I had the dream Conrad.'' I added right after.

''What? I don't believe it.'' He said and immediately stood up from his seat as he placed his hand on his forehead and blurted out.

''I can't believe it. What the hell is happening to us? This literally can't mean anything.'' He said, angry and puzzled.

''I don't know really, I don't know...'' I said desperately and confused. This was the second time I had seen it and I was just so terrified, I felt exhausted already. I definitely wanted to find all the answers to my questions too. How could we be seeing the same thing as Conrad?

''What exactly did you see?" He asked and sat down next to me again while looking at me.

''The same thing Conrad, I just saw a face this time, but it wasn't as clear. Soon after it had disappeared I just woke up, I also want to be wrong here but in my dream I was running non-stop, when I woke up my legs were aching.'' I said and he looked at me in shock.

''What? Are you serious?''

''I don't know, I think so though.'' I replied.

''Look Odette, I didn't want to tell you yesterday, but in my dream as I was running, I fell down and hurt my arm, when I woke up it hurt. But I figured there was no way it could be happening to me and really I almost eliminated that possibility, I don't want to seem crazy. You know what I mean. But now that you've told me that when you woke up you felt that way, I really don't know what to assume anymore.''