Chapter 2.

It's been a week since Christina officially joined the troupe. Victor is thrilled with her talent. But of course, we still haven't learned much about Christina, not even her last name. I'm sure she has her own story that I would love for her to share with us at some point. We are a family here and after they all joined the troupe, they told me what each of them had been through. Arthur, for example, is our second member after Eleanor. We met exactly three years ago, a few months after Eleanor's arrival. He was an acquaintance of Victor's and was looking for something stable and secure, so Victor introduced him to me and after showing us his talent he immediately joined the troupe. But with Eleanor, it was not so easy. When I said that Victor took me to a show, I got into this business mainly because I was fascinated by Eleanor's skills. I definitely wanted her in my troupe.

Three years ago.

These days I feel empty and lost in my thoughts. A strange feeling has come over me, as if I am haunted by something inexplicable to describe. The days pass slowly and torturously. As if I am forever stuck in the now, with no dead end. I'm constantly stuck in my office with no will to do anything with my life.

"Morgan... '' I heard someone outside my office door calling me.

"Victor, my dear friend," I said immediately after I had opened the door. I hadn't seen him in almost three months. Victor never stays in one place for too long, he likes to travel and explore new places. I have learned a lot from him. He is a happy, optimistic and visionary man. Unlike me, who is the exact opposite. A miserable businessman who has no dreams. What should I do with my inheritance when I don't know what to do with my life? I have no passion for anything. I wish I was even a little bit like Victor, I really envy him sometimes for living so liberated and carefree, because as he says, we live once and we have to live to the fullest. I would love to do what he does, but we are not the same and we will not be. Every person has their own demons to deal with. 

''Welcome, Victor! Sit down.'' I urged him to sit in the chair opposite me. He straightened his clothes slightly and cleared his throat. He took his eyes off the typewriter, which was right in front of us on the desk, and then his eyes headed to mine.

"How are you, Morgan?" He asked in a low voice.

''As you left me, nothing has changed for me. How have you been, you've been gone for three whole months. You must have seen a lot of beautiful places.''

''Indeed! I've seen a lot and every time I never get tired of going somewhere new, you know next time it would be nice if you came with me.'' He said a little hesitantly.

''You know it's impossible for me. I would like to follow you on one of your journeys but my demons won't let me.'' I don't know why I can't take a step further, I feel strange inside and my mind is constantly in negative thought mode.

''Morgan... maybe you should take that one big step. You can't be stuck permanently in your house, in your father's dusty, dark office. He wouldn't have wanted it either, I know how much his death affected you, but you're still young, you have several businesses, and you can find your interest in one of them.'' He said bluntly.

''Impossible to find interest in one of them since you know I already tried in the past. I would like to do something different and unique, but I can't find what exactly would be interesting to me.'' I said a bit nervously.

''I just came up with an idea, I'm sure you'll like what I'm going to suggest.'' He said with great enthusiasm.

"Can I find out what Morgan Darkvile would really like?" I asked full of wonder as I am a man who is not easily satisfied nor do I find interest in anything, in other words, if I did find something I would not be sitting in my dark and dusty office as Victor mentioned earlier.