Chapter 16: Apology Accepted

Chase's POV:

I could see Zuma sitting all alone at the beach. He's probably still upset from what happened, but I can't blame him if he's still upset. Besides, the thing that happened is still fresh in his mind. I tried to approach him and see if I could help in some way. After all, he does trust me and my advice.

"Hi, Zuma. You okay?"

"Hey, Chase... I, uh, I'm still a bit upset," he opened up.

"Upset at who? Everyone?" I asked.

"Yeah... Well, especially Ryder," Zuma answered.

"Yeah, I understand and I can't blame you for any of this either," I said.

Not knowing what to say next, we both sat there, silently listening to the sound of the waves of the sea.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"I hope this doesn't hurt your feelings... Would you give Coral a second chance to be your girlfriend if she changes her mind?"

Zuma thought about my question for a second. After thinking for a few minutes, he looked at me as if he was going to be very honest with me.

"To be honest... I loved Coral with all my heart. Our love was so strong that it made me forget about her flaws. Despite her giving up on me, I still love her deep inside. So, yeah, I would give her another chance if she does change her mind," Zuma answered, as honest as he could be.

I nodded and let out a smile. I knew he was doing the right thing.

"That's good, Zuma... And that doesn't mean Coral gave up on you, you would give up on her too. Don't give up on her, keep doing your best to win her heart like what you did in the first place. Maybe one day, she will want to start again with you," I encouraged.

"Yeah... You're right, Chase. I shouldn't give up on her. Thanks for saying that," Zuma replied.

I sort of thought of switching the topic a little bit, but not too far from what we were talking about.

"Also, I have another question for you,"

Zuma looked up at me, ready to listen to my next question.

"If you could forgive Coral that easily, don't you think you can forgive Ryder the same way too? Your friend and owner? I know he must have regretted what he did too and wants to make things right between him and you. Do you think you're ready to forgive him?"

Zuma thought about my question for another minute. As he was figuring out how to answer my question, I knew that he would do the right thing. Finally, he gave me an answer, giving me a positive smile.

"You do have a point, Chase," he said. "I was wrong when I didn't listen to Ryder trying to apologize that night. But I want to fix my bond with him too. So, yes, I want to forgive him."

I let out another smile and pat his shoulder.

"I knew would do the right thing, Zuma. I'm happy about that," I responded.

While that happened, I heard someone coming toward us. I turned around to see and it was Ryder. I think I had my conversation with Zuma at the right time.

"Oh, hey, Ryder!" I greeted.

"Hi, Ryder!" Zuma greeted as well.

"Hi, Chase! Hi, Zuma!" Ryder greeted back. "Uh, Zuma, is it okay if I talk to you for a second?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," Zuma replied.

"Okay, I'll leave you two alone now," I said, walking away and smiling at Zuma. He smiled back as well at me.

Ryder's POV:

Okay, I've finally decided that I should apologize properly to Zuma. He might have cooled down from what happened last night, so I hope everything goes fine. I'll be sure not to say something stupid this time.

"Zuma, I wanna tell you how sorry I am about last night. I know I was wrong that I got involved with Coral hiding her problem."

Zuma stared at me as if he was waiting for the next thing I was going to say. So, I continued what I needed to say.

"If I'm going to be honest with you, I don't have any experience in romantic relationships because I've never had one myself. Maybe I shouldn't be the one you should trust when it comes to advice and help with romantic relationships."

"Ryder, look... Even though you never had experienced a romantic relationship before, you gave me good advice still, and they were effective. Because of that, I was able to win Coral's heart, well, before."

Not expecting Zuma to thank me for the advice I gave him before, all I did was let out a smile.

"And I'm sorry too for lashing out at you last night. I should have thought it through too. I guess Coral must have asked for help from you too, didn't she?" Zuma continued.

"It's okay, Zuma. I knew you were angry at me last night, and you had a reason to be so... And yeah, Coral did. I didn't have a choice and I didn't mean to lose your trust in me. I wanted to help both of you, but I made a wrong decision on siding with Coral, who was hiding something from you," I answered.

"I understand, Ryder. I knew you didn't mean it. But I forgive you now," Zuma replied.

"So, are we good now?" I asked.

"Yup!" Zuma nodded, as he jumped on me and started licking me.

We ended up giggling at the same time. I guess that means we are both good now. Suddenly, someone interrupted us.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" questioned Liberty. We turned around at her, and Zuma got off me.

"Oh, uh, hey, Liberty," Zuma replied, sort of embarrassed.

"I think I'm invading someone's privacy here, am I not?" Liberty asked.

"Well, sort of, but we are done talking," I answered.

"Oh, so I am sort of invading privacy but somehow not?" Liberty confirmed. 

Zuma and I stared at each other in confusion, not knowing how to reply to Liberty

"You know, what? I'll just leave you two alone. Yeah, that's right. Why am I being nosy again here?" Liberty said, asking herself a stupid question. 

"Amiga, come on! Throw the ball here!" Tracker yelled.

"Oh, right! Now I remember why I came here. I came here to get the ball," Liberty remembered, chuckling.

Liberty walks away, leaving Zuma and me alone again.

"Okay, I'm gonna go check on something, Zuma. Before they find us awkwardly again," I said, chuckling.

"Sure, Ryder. I'll be there in a bit to play with the other pups," Zuma replied, chuckling as well. 

"See ya," I said, walking back to the Lookout and leaving Zuma there.

Author's note: Hello, guys! I hope you like this chapter. Let me know your thoughts on this part. Does it sound corny? Stupid? Weird? Whatever you think it sounds, just let me know and I am willing to accept your advice. I don't know what my writing sounds like here, I can't describe it lol. Maybe I'm like half-embarrassed or half-happy with it. But either way, I'm happy with it.