Chapter 10: The Landpup and Merpup Story

Rocky's POV:

It was now nighttime. After Katie fed us all dinner, she headed back to her home to get some rest. The rest of us pups hung out in the living room. We tried to be as quiet as we could because Ryder was getting some rest already because he was sick.

"Marshall, don't even bother to try that!" we scolded, whispering, watching Marshall trying to stand on top of a ball.

"Don't worry, guys... I'll be squeaky quiet, I promise," Marshall assured, with a grin.

"I highly doubt that," Chase whispered to me. Marshall didn't hear it, thankfully.

Marshall started rolling the ball with his feet, and it started rolling around the room with him. Soon, he was about to crash into Skye, Everest, Coral, and Zuma, who were chitchatting in the corner.

"Whoa, watch out!" Marshall yelped.

"Yikes, get out of the way," Zuma shouted, as the four of them scattered to get out of Marshall's way.

Marshall finally crashed and fell off the ball when the ball hit a beanbag. He gets up on his feet and laughs in embarrassment.

"Marshall, are you alright?" Everest asked.

"I'm good... Sorry, guys,"

"Shhhh..." we all shushed.

"You think Ryder heard that?" Skye asked.

"Hopefully not," Coral answered.

"Squeaky quiet, huh, Marshall?" I told him.

"Heh, yup," Marshall chuckled.

"Marshall, how about you check on Ryder if he did wake up from your terrible noise?" Chase suggested, starting to lower his voice as well.

"Yeah, okay, I'll do that," Marshall replied.

"I'll go with you... In case you run into more noisy trouble on the way," Everest added.

"Okay... Thanks, Everest," Marshall answered, starting to blush while everyone else grinned and giggled at them.

"Ooh..." Rubble said, with a thrill.

"Uh, let's get going now, Everest!" Marshall, who was still blushing, said, hurriedly as he rushed out of the living room.

"Wait for me, Marshall! If you crash into something again-"

CRASH!!!

Everest got cut off when she heard the sound of Marshall crashing into something else. (sighs) So much for squeaky quiet.

"SORRY!" Marshall yelled.

"SHHHHH!!!" all of us shushed him.

"Oops, sorry again," Marshall whispered.

"Yeah, I knew that would happen again," Everest whispered to us and ran out of the living room to catch up on Marshall before he made any more noise.

Skye's POV:

"I wish we could have a bedtime story," I continued, quietly..

"Well, why didn't you tell Katie earlier?" Chase asked.

"Uh, well, I forgot..." I answered.

"Ryder would do that for us if he wasn't sick," Zuma said.

"But he is," Rocky replied.

"Yeah, I'm not saying he isn't," Zuma started to argue.

"Whoa whoa whoa, we're going way too far now," Chase interrupted.