Chapter 6: Swimming and Surfing

Coral's POV:

Zuma took his hovercraft so we could head to the water. I jumped in the hovercraft as well, and when we arrived at the beach, we noticed Rocky picking up some trash.

"Hey Zuma! Hey Coral! Where are you up to?" Rocky asked when he heard the sound of Zuma's hovercraft and saw the two of us.

"Hi, Rocky!" I greeted back.

"We're just going in for a little swim and surfing!" Zuma answered.

"Oh, nice! Have fun," Rocky replied, with a nod.

"Wanna come, Rocky?" Zuma and I said at once, with an inviting smile.

"Uh... I... Well... Yeah, I'm gonna pass," Rocky responded, stuttering with a shy smile.

"Why not?" Zuma questioned, giving a teasing look. He winked at me and I chuckled.

"Well, uhm... I have a lot of things to do right now. Ok, bye!" Rocky replied, running off to continue his clean-up.

We drove on the water and a bit far from the beach, but not too far so everyone else wouldn't get very worried about us.

"I guess Rocky really doesn't wanna go on the water," Zuma said.

"Why doesn't he wanna go?" I questioned.

"He hates water. He says he doesn't like it because it's wet. I don't really get it because I love the water," Zuma answered.

"Yeah, I don't get it either," I agreed, with a nod.

"Well, this might be a nice start to go swimming. Ready, Coral?" Zuma said.

"Ready!" I replied, cheerfully.

I optimistically joined Zuma as he said his catchphrase before jumping into the water with him.

"Ready, set, get wet!"

We dove down under the surface. I watched as Zuma swam through the calm ocean and followed him from behind.

"How fast can you swim, Zuma?" I asked.

"Hmm, I'm not really sure. Let's see," Zuma answered. 

He tried to swim in circles around a clump of seaweed as fast as he could and swam back to me. Zuma could swim quite fast actually.

"That's the fastest I can get, but it's not meant for a swimming race," Zuma chuckled.

"Cool! You still swim quite fast, though," I replied, chuckling as well.

"Hehe, thanks. Do you want to give it a try?" Zuma asked.

"Sure!" I replied.

I swam around and around the piece of seaweed that Zuma swam on earlier. Zuma watched me and I could see his cute little smile and his ember eyes glowing at me. As I smiled back at him, I didn't realize as we were staring at each other, I suddenly got tangled in the seaweed I was circling around.

"Oh no!" I yelped, as I was startled when I got stuck on the seaweed.

"Uh oh, let me help you there, Coral," Zuma said, swimming toward me right away.

Zuma carefully untangled the seaweed from my rear paw. It didn't take a long time for him to take it off.

"There!"

"Oh, thank you, Zuma!" I yipped, gleefully, swimming in circles around Zuma and hugging him tightly.

"Hehe, no problem!" Zuma replied, giggling as well.

Liberty's POV:

"Anybody here seen Zuma?" I started, interrupting the pups who were watching Apollo the Superpup.