Chapter 9: Zuma or Puplantis?

Liberty's POV:

It was already late morning, and everyone had already eaten breakfast. Strangely, Coral hasn't come out of her pup house yet. Probably she's still sleeping because her door is closed. Zuma kept coming back and forth to check on her, but she wouldn't just open her door. But when I tried to go to her, she opened it. Okay, weird!

"Hey, Coral! You okay? It's kinda late, you haven't eaten breakfast yet," I said.

"Sorry, Liberty. I just fell asleep, I didn't really get some sleep last night," she answered, still yawning.

"What's wrong?" I asked, with concern.

"My mind is just full of some... stuff," she answered.

"Oh... Well, how about you eat breakfast first? It's hard to think on an empty stomach," I suggested, pushing her food bowl closer to her.

"Okay, thanks, Liberty!" she replied.

"You know? Zuma has been coming here back and forth. Can't you tell him what's wrong?" I questioned.

"Actually, it's us that's wrong, which is why I can't tell him," Coral responded.

"Oh, okay... I'm sorry. Well, I don't want to interfere with it, so I'll just be going," I concluded, as I walked away and she started eating.

I headed to where everyone else was. Ryder asked me if Coral was eating breakfast now. He probably asked me because he saw me go to Coral's pup house.

"Has Coral eaten breakfast yet?"

"Yeah, she just started, thankfully. She said she didn't get some sleep last night," I explained.

"Hmm, I wonder why..." Zuma wondered. 

I try to control myself from saying what Coral told me earlier. Skye was listening and gave a worried look, but I could see on her face she knew what was going on with Coral. Of course, they're cousins and best friends.

"I don't know...Maybe... Ask her?" I replied. Oh, what a stupid answer, Liberty!

"Okay, I'll go check on her," Zuma said, as he headed to see Coral.

Ryder looked at me with a grin. I guess he can read my mind and know that I am hiding something. Well, that's because I answered so stupidly to Zuma.

"Liberty, do you know what's wrong with Coral?"

Skye comes closer to us and lets out the same exact grin.

"Well, uh... Actually, I do... She told me, but I can't tell Zuma," I replied.

"Why not?" Ryder asked.

"Because she's got a problem that she's been thinking about all night. It's about them," I whispered. Skye gave a look as if she seemed to understand.

"I can explain further," Skye joined in. Ryder turned to Skye and waited for her to answer.

"Whatever you're gonna say, Skye, spit it out now before Zuma comes back," I ordered, immediately.

"I talked to Coral last night because we both couldn't sleep. I asked her if she really liked Zuma. And she said she did. I didn't mean to interfere or ruin their relationship, but I just wanted to remind her that in some relationships, you may need to sacrifice something for the person you love the most. It didn't happen like that between Chase and me, but I believe it might happen between her and Zuma. Then, she got herself thinking a lot about it and said that I did have a point. If something bad happens to them, I'm to blame," Skye admitted.

Whoa, that was a lot to spit out. Ryder and I were completely silent after that. I was speechless and I didn't know what to say next. After a while, she brought up a question.