Chapter 7: Heart-Shaped Pup Treats

Zuma's POV:

Coral and I were so tired from swimming, but we had so much fun. I wanted to spend time with her watching the sunset again at the beach, but there was something else I also wanted to bring for her at that moment. So, I rushed to Mr. Porter's cafe to ask a favor.

"Hey, Mr. Porter!"

Mr. Porter, who was startled when I greeted him, ended up tossing all the dirty dishes he was holding into the sky. I tried helping to catch some of them as they fell back down. The rest that both of us weren't able to catch broke as they fell on the ground.

"Sorry, Mr. Porter, if I scared you there," I apologized.

"Oh, it's alright, Zuma! You're fine. How are you doing?" Mr. Porter replied.

"I'm doing great. Can I just ask a quick favor?" I asked.

"Oh, sure! What is it?"

"Can you bake some pup treats? And can you make it heart-shaped pup treats? Any color will do,"

"Of, course! Anything for you. When do you need it?" Mr. Porter questioned.

"Right before the sun sets," I answered.

"Oh, alright! It won't take long then. I'll call you... I mean, Ryder... when they're done," Mr. Porter said.

"Okay. Thanks, Mr. Porter," I thanked him, as I headed my way back to the lookout.

Chase's POV:

"Whoa, watch out!" Marshall yelled, running after his ball around the living room.

"Hey! I wanna play too," Rocky joined in, childishly, chasing after Marshall's ball as well.

"Watch out for the-"

CRASH! I got cut off when Marshall crashed into a glass flower vase to chase his red ball. Great, now, how do we tell Ryder about that?

"Oops... Sorry," Marshall, who was covered in flower petals, apologized.

"This vase was kind of old, though. Right, Chase?" Rocky added, shaking off a few petals that fell on him.

"Uhm, no... That was a new one, replacing the other vase that Marshall also broke. That was just delivered today," I replied.

"Oh! Then, we're in big pup trouble," Rocky answered, guiltily.

"Yup, big time!" Marshall agreed.

"Pups, what's that noise?" Ryder called, with his voice getting louder, which meant he was heading to the living room.

"Oh, uh, i-it's nothing, Ryder! Nothing to worry about," I shouted.

"Are you sure?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah! We got this!" the three of us, me, Rocky, and Marshall, answered.

"Okay! I'll just check on something else," Ryder said, walking away from the living room.

Phew! The three of us sighed in relief. How in the world are we going to replace that vase Marshall and Rocky just broke?

"So, now what?" Marshall continued.

"Let's just clean up this mess first, and then we'll think of a way to replace the vase," I said.

"Alright, I'll go get the broom. Watch out for the pieces of glass, Marshall!" Rocky replied.

"Okay, I will... Ow!" Marshall answered, but still ended up stepping on a piece of glass.