Quality Time

Gracies POV (5 Years Old)

"Rise and shine sunshine" I heard Jay say as he walked in to my bedroom and pulled open my curtains, leaving the blind down.

"Morning" I said as I stretched my arms above my head before rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Good morning" he smiled "so it's pretty warm out" he commented "what'd you say we go out and have a picnic in the park" he suggested making me shoot upright.

"Don't you have to go to work?" I asked with a slight frown.

"Not today" he shook his head with a smile "I got the whole weekend off" he said making me squeal excitedly "are you gonna get up so we can have some breakfast?" He asked with a laugh, making me bolt out my room and run in to the kitchen.

A little while later we had eaten breakfast, got changed for the day and I helped Jay to pack our picnic. I was now sat on Jays bed as he continued to attempt to do my hair.

"If you keep moving around then I'm not gonna be able to do it for you" Jay said for the gazilianth time.

"Sorry" I said as I sat as still as I possible could so he could finish my pigtails. Two minutes later my hair was done and I was free to move about once again.

"Done" Jay said as he put my brush down on his bedside table "go grab your shoes then we're ready to go" he instructed.

"My shoes feel weird" I said two minutes later as Jay walked in to the hallway.

"You've got them on the wrong feet baby girl" he told me and I looked down at my feet so see if he was right.

"Oh" I said with a sheepish smile. I sat back down on the bench and Jay changed my shoes over for me.

"Better?" He asked once he fixed the second shoe.

"Uh huh" I nodded as Jay grabbed his backpack and put it over one shoulder before putting his sunglasses on and putting my hat on my head.

"Let's go" he said as he ushered me out the door before locking it behind us. We walked hand in hand to the subway, where we saw a super cute Labrador puppy that the lady let me stroke, before getting off at our stop and heading to the park.

"Do you wanna go to the big park or the park with the climbing wall?" He asked.

"The one with the climbing wall" I said after a couple of seconds thought. We headed in the direction of my chosen park and five minutes later we had found a spot under a large tree.

"Stay where I can see you" Jay shouted as I ran off in the direction of the climbing set. I played for around twenty minutes before deciding that I wanna try the monkey bars.

"Jay" I shouted over to where he was sat under the tree "can you come help me?" I asked. I watched as he stood up and grabbed the bag before walking over to where I was stood under the monkey bars "I can't reach" I said as I reached my hands up above my head to prove my point.

"C'mon then" he said as he lifted me up so I was within grabbing distance. Jay helped me to move along all of the bars before I reached the end and he put me back on the floor.

"If you lift me up and I grab hold of them you don't have to hold on to me anymore'' I told him.

"It's too high up for you Gracie" he said "if you fall from up there you'll break your leg" he added and I sighed in defeat.

"Can you hold my hand whilst I climb on there?" I asked as I pointed to the big rope structured climbing frame.

"If you need me to" he nodded before I took his hand and pulled him over to it.