Bathtime Tantrum

AN! It's a short one but nearly this exact thing happened with my little brother last night! Enjoy! 

Gracies POV (4 Years Old)

"I don't want a bath" I whined as Will turned the taps on to begin filling the tub.

"Well you need one Gracie" Will replied making me shake my head determinedly,

"Na ah" I denied "I'm not gonna do it" I said firmly before turning around and running from the bath room and cannonballing on to the sofa.

"Gracie" I heard Will sigh "c'mon, you've been good all day so let's not spoil it" he urged once he'd located me,

"I'm not spoiling it" I insisted with a scowl "Please Will" I cried "I don't want to have a bath" I added.

"Gracelyn" Will said firmly "I'm not arguing with you about this. Get in to the bathroom right now" he ordered.

"NO" I stomped my foot and my scowl deepened,

"Gracelyn Halstead do not shout at me" my oldest brother warned making me grunt in response "Jay's gonna be home soon and I have to go to work. He's not gonna be happy if you're not ready for bed" he warned.

"I'll get ready for bed but I'm not having a bath" I compromised.

"You're having a bath Gracelyn and that's the end of it" he said firmly "now are you gonna go and get in the bath yourself or am I hanna have to help you?" He asked.

"Nooooooo" I squealed as I jumped over the sofa and ran in to my bedroom, hiding in my closet.

It didn't take long for Will to locate me and pull me out of the closet. He ignored my kicking and screaming as he walked me over to the bathroom and lifted me in to the bath. I immediately straightened my legs in protest of sitting down in the warm bubbly water. However I soon felt a sharp sting on my bare butt that made me yelp out in surprise.

"Sit down" Will snapped and I finally gave up the struggle and sat down in the bath "you've got ten minutes to get yourself washed before I do it myself" he told me with a pointed stare before leaving me to it.

I sat in the water sobbing and crying to myself, making no effort to clean my body or wash my hair.

"Oh for crying out loud Gracelyn your hair isn't even wet" Will exclaimed once he walked back in to the room and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows.

"I don't wanna do it" I sobbed as tears poured from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. Will didn't bother to reply as he used his hands to wet my hair "stooooop" I demanded as I tried to shuffle away from him "STOOOOOP IT!" I screamed,

"Enough" Will finally spoke "stop screaming" he said as he pointed at me sternly.

"NO!" I shrieked as I hit his hands away from my head,

"Right" Will snapped as he grabbed my hand to stop me from hitting him anymore "you can either stop this right now or I'm gonna lift you out of this bath and you're gonna get a spanking. What's it gonna be?" He asked. My lower lip wobbled as I thought about what he had told me.

"Fine" I sniffled as the tears continued to pour,

"Good choice" he commented before he began to wash my hair.

Once he had finished he lifted me out of the water and wrapped my purple fluffy towel around me as he towel dried my hair.

"Your pyjamas are on your bed so go and get dressed please" he said once he stopped rubbing my hair,

"I don't wanna" I scowled,

"I'm not doing this anymore Gracelyn. Go." He instructed "now" he added before I could protest. With tears falling down my cheeks I stomped my way over to my bedroom with no intention of getting changed.

Five minutes later Will walked in to my room,

"You're gonna get sick if you don't get changed soon" he warned. Just then the sound of the front door closing filled the apartment,

"Only me" Jays voice followed soon after,

"Last chance to get changed before your gonna be in big trouble" Will told me but I shook my head determinedly. Will left my room and a couple of minutes later Jay walked in still in his work clothes.

"Right missy" he said as he grabbed my pyjamas from my bed "I brought dinner in with me so you need to get dressed before it gets cold" he told me as he held my top open for me to put on.

"I don't wanna Jay Jay" I sobbed as I used to corner of my towel to wipe my eyes,

"Gracelyn" Jay warned "if I have to start counting your not gonna like what happens after three'' he warned. With a huff I put my pyjamas on "good girl" Jay praised "see, wasn't so hard now was it?" He asked and I gave no reply.

Jay and I walked out in to the kitchen and I sat down gingerly at the table whilst Jay sorted the food out.

"Jay Jay" I said with a sniffle,

"What?" Jay asked as he looked over at me,

"I want a cuddle" I admitted making Jays face soften,

"C'mere" he instructed and he picked me up once I reached his side "what's the matter huh?" He asked as I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"I didn't mean to make Will mad at me" I cried as Jay rocked me back and forth slightly,

"I know you didn't sweetheart" he replied "but when you behave like that when someone asks you to do something then you're gonna get in trouble aren't you?" He said and I nodded "let's wipe these tears away and have some dinner'' he suggested "Will's having a shower and getting ready for work but you can speak to him before he goes" he said.

So I sat down at the table and ate my chicken strips and fries until Will walked in wearing his uniform ready for work. I instantly ran over to him and gave him a hug,

"I'm sorry for making you mad Will" I said as he returned the hug,

"I forgive you Gracie" he assured "let's just listen in the future though, ok?" He asked and I nodded in agreement,

"Love you" I said as he bent down to give me a kiss on the top of my head,

"I love you too" he replied "go finish your dinner" he said as he gave me a light swat on the butt.