Blind

word count: 1,261

«»

You sigh as you hear fists pounding into faces. You leave your tent and watch as Murphy and some other delinquent go at it. You walk over to the scene calmly and before the other kid can throw another punch, you catch his fist in your hand, pushing him away.

"That's enough," you shout. He glares at you but you return the glare twice as hard before he scoffs and walks away, nursing his bloody nose. You turn toward Murphy and set your hands on your hips. "Are you serious? Must you be a class A jackass all the time?" He smirks.

"Only for you." You roll your eyes and look around at the people staring.

"Nothing to see here. Get back to work," you order. They listen, dispersing from the little half circle they formed. You look back at Murphy and sigh. "Come on. I need to clean the cut on your face." You take his wrist and pull him to the dropship. "Sit." He wisely does as he's told.

"You know, if you wanted me alone all you had to do was ask." Without turning around, you snort.

"If you wanted to stare at my ass, you didn't need to get in a fight to do it," you counter. He chuckles and as you turn around, he holds his hands up in mock surrender.

"Guilty as charged." You kneel down to his level and start cleaning the cut. He hisses in pain and jerks away.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did that sting?" you ask innocently. He glares at you and you smile sweetly. "Forgot to warn you." He moves back into his previous position so you can finish cleaning it. You feel like eyes on you but you try to ignore it. Finally, you finish.

"What's my prognosis, doc?" he asks as you throw the bloody gauze into the trash bin Raven made out of spare metal from the dropship.

"You don't need stitches."

"Anything else?" he prods. You roll your eyes, knowing exactly what he wants. You smile slightly, still turned so he can't see.

"You're an idiot," you conclude. He stands and wraps his arms around your shoulders, setting his chin on the top of your head.

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot." You snort.

"Unfortunately, that is true."

«»

It's been a couple of hours since Murphy's fight. You managed to find the other kid and fix him up as well. As you're washing my hands, you hear shouting. Worried, you step outside of the wash tent and almost bang my head against a tree once you see Murphy going at it with another teen. You rush over, but this time you pull Murphy away before he can land another punch. You glare at the bystanders and they rush off to do their work, including the kid who was fighting with Murphy. Without another word, you drag Murphy to your shared tent.