Hunting Trip

word count: 1,618

° • .  ♚  . • °

Bellamy refuses to let you going hunting with him. Apparently it's because you're good at healing, but you think it's all bullshit.

Maybe he just thinks you're incapable of hunting, or maybe he just thinks you'll b a hinderance.

Either way, you're going on this hunting trip whether he likes it or not.

You walk out of your tent and toward Bellamy. He looks up and you can almost hear him sigh from across camp. You shuffle your feet as you walk over to him.

"The answer is no, (Y/N)," he deadpans.

"You don't even know what I was gonna ask, if anything!" you protest. Bellamy sets down the spear and crosses his arms.

"You're going to ask to join the hunting group." You put your hand over your chest in mock surprise.

"Little old me? On a hunting trip? Why, Bellamy, you must be mistaken. I would never go on a hunting trip!" Bellamy rolls his eyes but his lips twitch into a smile.

"You're hopeless."

"Oh, I know, but that's why you love me." Bellamy picks up the spear and looks at the sky in exasperation.

"Fine. You can come. But just this once." Your face brightens and you throw your arms around his neck.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He chuckles and returns your hug.

"Yeah, yeah. Just stick close, will you?" You salute and reach for the blade Octavia gave to you. Bellamy eyes the weapon and you pause.

"What? It's cool."

"Do you even know how to use it?" It's your turn to cross your arms.

"Yes, Bellamy, I know how to use it." He holds his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry, sorry," he mumbles. He motions for you to walk in front of him, and you wink as you pass.

Your flirty personality is known across camp. No one takes you seriously in that regard, including Bellamy— which sucks because he's the one you're actually flirting with. Miller's eyes widen when you walk up to the group.

"He's letting you come? really?" You nod, grinning. "What did you do to get him to agree?"

"Oh, I finally wore him down. After weeks of asking, he gave up telling me no." Miller snorts and shakes his head in amusement.

"You're insufferable."

"And that's how I managed to get on the hunting trip, so it's a win-win. I annoy get to annoy you and be on the hunting party." Miller ruffles your hair and you swat his hand away.